jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Rock of Ages

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Just viewed Rock of Ages. As a babyboomer, this is a must see movie. Not what I expected at all - it is a true musical, a kind of mix of Grease and Jesus Christ Superstar.

The leads Julianne Hough and Diego Boneta were mesmerizing.

I especially enjoyed the combination of the new actors and the old familiar faces.

Have you seen it? What are your thoughts?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I probably will go and see it - but am a little put of by Tom Cruise. How was he? Does he sing much?

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
        SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm in the same boat. I dont like Tom Cruise much at all, but I grew up on the music from the movie and will probably enjoy it, Cruise or not. I'll probably go see it, too.

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like only selected movies Tom Cruise has been in. I don't care for much of his work at all. And won't be seeing this movie. I don't think he has what it takes to make it a great movie.

He isn't fitted for the part he plays. Which is why the movie flopped in it's opening weekend.

2. GmaGoldie profile image86
        GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They say that Cruise studied/practiced sining 5 hours a day. He did a great job singing actually.

The real stars were the virtual unknowns.

I too have not been a fan of Cruise of late but the movie is worth seeing for the sake of the pop culture, the music and two young stars you will be seeing allot more from in the future.

It definitely wasn't a great movie but it was entertaining and the music was good.