jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Willow Smith, 11, Shows Off Tongue Piercing—Is It Real?

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Willow Smith, 11, Shows Off Tongue Piercing—Is It Real?!

Mon., Jun. 25, 2012 11:01 AM PDT by Rebecca Macatee

"When you have a little girl, it's like how can you teach her that you're in control of her body? If I teach her that I'm in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she's going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world," he explained.

"She can't cut my hair but that's her hair. She has got to have command of her body," he added. "So when she goes out into the world, she's going out with a command that is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/willow_smit … z1yusSytja
    This seems to be a little bit of attention seeking behavior or parental neglect? Just because her parents are rich and famous, why is this allowed?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, it was not real. It was revealed as a fake.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

It's not legal to pierce the tongue of an 11-yr-old in the USA, or at least I'm not aware of any state law that doesn't ban it.

The magnetic fakes work pretty well, provided you don't swallow them as the magnets used (rare earth magnets) would require immediate emergency surgery to remove before they pinned sections of your digestive tract together.

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I can't stand "acting" families who always need to be in the spotlight along with their kids.  There is something so unhealthy about that because it's like they can't get enough attention.  Being rich and famous doesn't mean that you make great parents, and here's your classic example of the poor little rich girl in need of parents.  She needs to be in school and be able to live normally.  Like a real kid.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Normal" kids also do things to rebel and attract attention, though. I had a fake nose-ring when I was 9 or 10. I think only wore it once, but the shocked reactions wore off pretty quickly, so I stopped. And then I pierced my nose for real at 16. wink

4. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

She is online showing her 'fake" tongue piercing...who is watching her?
    She shaved her head recently and seems to be on her own.
    Ordinary non celebrity kids would have their presents investigated