the 10 best Reggae tunes!
The Best of Bob!
UB40 a must listen!
Marley The KING!
Listen to Jamaica and feel alright!
When the word Reggae is used, most people think of Jamaica. Reggae is now and has been very popular in many countries! Most of us can name at least one Marley song. He has lead the way and will never be forgotten.
Some Reggae is slow, mundane, or serious. Some is fast, romantic or well...about "feeling good". Since many Jamaicans (just listen to their national anthem) have strong faith, some Reggae is about The Almighty One. Whether lead by drums, flute, synthesizer, or horns, this style of music has such a rocking/funky appeal that blows me and many other Americans away.
Here are the ones I hated to leave out! "54-46 was my number" + "Bam, Bam " by Toots., "Rude Boy" "I shot the sheriff, redemption songs and about 5 other Marley tunes". Tomorrow People by Ziggy Marley was considered too.
Here is my list of the best of all time. Enjoy and please leave a comment and vote up if you like!
12. Heads High- Mr. Vegas. It starts out a bit slow but then the groovy beat picks up and is very catchy! This is a faster style than most on this list and is a great dance song also.
11. Bad Boys- Inner Circle. Made famous by the Movie with Will Smith,the TV show, COPS. This had a memorable beat catchy lyrics. A generations of TV watcher were drawn to Reggae by this tune.
10. Oh Jamaica- Jimmy Cliff. What can I say other than it was Jimmy Cliff! Other than the immortal God Father of Reggae, who could sing it better from Jamaica itself?
9. Action- Terror Fabulous. Who doesn't love this one? Those never heard it maybe! This has a little club beat mixed in but starts and ends like a fast Reggae jam! This one makes you want to sing it and dance to it.
8. Red, Red Wine- UB40. Some dispute whether this song or band are Reggae, but I don't. It helped bring this genre more into the mainstream long after Bob Marley passed away. I loved the beat and how true the lyrics were. Ska is fun, but no one does British Reggae like these guys did!
7.Bongo Man- Jimmy Cliff. This one is rich with flute and of course the bongos! Jimmy is a legend and I love his unique style of Reggae! He mixed some African beats in many of his tunes.
6. Rastafari Is- Peter Tosh. Though Tosh is not one of my favorites of this genre, how could he or this awesome hit be left out? They can't. I loved his voice on this classic track!
5. Pressure Drop- Toots and The Maytals. How upbeat and cool can one song get? Not much more than this one! Toots and the Maytals were brilliant, and I could listen to them for ever!
4. One Love- Bob Marley. This one was all about God and us coming together to worship him. The lyrics and rhythm are so beautiful!
3. Kaya- Bob Marley. Bob woke up the world with several of his songs, and this was one of them. What a soft and seductive beat, with beautiful back up voices! Bob needed no back-up but it was nice.
2.Stir it up- BoB Marley, The Crush and others. This was done many times many ways but no one topped Marley's version. What a passionate love song this was!
Here is number 1. It was so hard to rank these even though one man and The Wailers owned this list!
1. No Woman No Cry- Bob Marley
Few songs are even close to being this heart felt! The emotion that he poured out was something than mankind will never lose and hopefully will never stop learning from. Bob loved his family, his fellows, and his Creator, and that can not be denied by any who enjoy his music.
Thank you for reading!
Other musical hubs!
- The 10 best rock and roll Christmas Carols ever. Read over 2,000 times!
Some of the best and most respectful carols, were redone by rock bands!
- The 10 best rocking hymns ever!
Great songs of praise that ROCK!
- The best cover songs ever!
Some remakes, never skip a beat! here are the 12 best.
- The 12 Best Opera Singers of all Times. Read over 17,000 times.
This is a list of the best opera singers as I see them. No I am not doing this on any organizations behalf. This is my list. Enjoy!
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
These are the 15 that you want to keep playing over and over!
One of the best parts of Christmas is the carols! But who thought some would be so funny?