Ugly Betty - the TV show
Did you know?
- Eric Mabius appeared in the first season of The L Word?
- Vanessa Williams spent years building her acting chops on Broadway?
- While the fictional family Suarez comes from Mexico, none of the actors are Mexican? (America Ferrera is Honduran, Ana Ortiz is Puerto Rican, Tony Plana is Cuban, and Mark Indelicato is half-Puerto Rican and half-Italian)
- Christopher Gorham appeared in the late 1990s show, Popular?
- Judith Light played Angela Bower on the 1980s show, Who's the Boss?
- Former model Rebecca Romijn appeared as Mystique, the shape-changing mutant, in all three X-Men movies?
- Ugly Betty is a remake of a Colombian soap opera, called Yo Soy Betty, La Fea (I am Ugly Betty)?
Playing the sweet but clever "fish out of water", America Ferrera (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Real Women Have Curves) brings the irresistible charm of Betty Suarez to the small screen every week on ABC.
Living with her father, sister and nephew in Jackson Heights, Queens, Betty Suarez graduated at the top of her class in high school and college, and sought her first job at Meade Publications to launch her career in writing. Through a series of serendipitous events, Betty lands a job as the personal assistant of the editor-in-chief, Daniel Meade. Betty, intensely loyal to her boss and genuinely honest, paints a striking contrast to the backbiting bitchiness of vain, superficial would-be models and gold diggers at Meade. But her ability to think quickly on her feet and put brains before beauty are also the keys to her indefatigable success.
www.uglybetty.com - Cast of Ugly Betty
America Ferrera - Betty Suarez
Eric Mabius - Daniel Meade
Vanessa Williams - Wilhelmina Slater
Rebecca Romijn - Alexis Meade
Alan Dale - Bradford Meade
Michael Urie - Marc St Clair
Ana Ortiz - Hilda Suarez
Tony Plana - Ignacio Suarez
Becki Newton - Amanda Tanen
Ashley Jensen - Christina McKinney
Mark Indelicato - Justin Suarez
Christopher Gorham - Henry Grubstick
Judith Light - Claire Meade
Ugly Betty, true to its telenovela (Latin American soap opera) roots, is known for unexpected plot twists. There are many questions that remain unresolved at the time of this posting:
- Will Betty and Henry become a couple?
- Who is Amanda's father?
- Will Wilhelmina assume control of Meade Publications and Mode Magazine?
- Will Marc ever find love?
- Will an amnesiac Alexis find out about the bad blood she had with her father?
- Will Daniel ever "grow up" and settle down?
Fan sites and blogs report the latest information on cliffhangers like these - stay posted!
Mark and Amanda explain the inner workings of Mode Magazine
More by this Author
A review of Michael Moore's SICKO, including additional statistics on relative costs of healthcare systems that the film should've included.
Pictures and videos of No Doubt's Gwen Stefani with dark hair. Yeah, she's actually a brunette - shocking!
Updated for 2017: Price per square foot for 20 prefab (modular) home companies' products, including Blu Homes, Proto Homes, ideabox (Ikea), weeHouses, and many others.