10 Reasons to go to Church
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
There so many people who don't want to go to church. They just fuss and complain. Could it be because they are in church with the chosen frozen? What everyone needs is the experience of attending a church that believes in "having church ". ("Having church " means that we are gonna be there for awhile.)
On a recent church trip to Uganda, we found that the Ugandan people do not mind "having church ." In fact, they had church from 8am-8pm. And, their night services were just as lengthy. They counted "having church" the way we count going to work. They valued the experience and surely will receive the spiritual rewards.
It seems when thepresenceof the Lord is in the place, you don't mind being there with Him. In the 80's and 90's there were multitudes of conferences held in various states. There was always a three-day conference or week-long campmeeting. Many of these held from 6:30pm until 3am. The people never paid attention to the time because the presence of the Lord was in the place.
True enough, different denominations do things differently, but if you ever have an opportunity to get in a service with radical, hollering, dancing, and praising believers, you should take advantage of it. You too will forget the time and just enjoy "churching".
Here are a few impromptu reasons you should go to church. If you can think of others, please make a comment and let us know what they are.
- To obey the Word of God - The Bible tells us to come together so that we can exhort or encourage one another unto love and good works. In Hebrews 10:25 it suggests the importance of this fellowship because the return of the Lord is at hand.
- To learn the Word of God - Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Lord has given us Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers whose job it is to mature the believers so they can actively work ministry.
- To receive revelation from the Word of God - Although our relationship with God is personal, as we assemble in church, the Lord meets us there and reveals His Word to us through the leaders.
- To have our lives changed through the Word of God - Romans 12:2 He has provided the Body of Christ with the ability to change our minds and as a result, our lives through the teachings in His Word.
- To receive correction from the Word of God - Galatians 6:1 We are our brothers keepers. When we see a brother overtaken in a fault, we are not to turn away from them, but to give them the Word of God so that conviction and change can come to the brother.
- To receive guidance from the Word of God - Proverbs 3:6 In church you receive the strength to trust God and when you trust God, He will direct your path.
- To fellowship with your new family - 1 Corinthians 12:27 We are the body of Christ, one family, one group. Church fellowship brings us together to bond with one another and grow with one another.
- To practice walking in God's love - 1 Corinthians 13 all - The church is full of "x's", x-drug addicts, x-thieves, x-abusers, etc. There will be many situations for conflict, arguments and confusion. Dealing with these issues give believers the opportunity to practice their love walk.
- To train our children in righteousness - Proverbs 22:6 It is in church where the training that we give our children is reinforced.
- To corporately enjoy the presence of God - Matthew 18:19, When we go to church, we experience the presence of God as a unit.
Where Do You Stand?
Do you go to church?See results without voting
More by this Author
As my mother ages, I am faced with the reality that things changing for her, and... things are changing for me. We desire to grow older gracefully... I desire to gracefully watch my mother grow older
We all have times of weakness,but they don't have to control us. Here are a few proven ways to help you get strong.
To live life well we need to be strong. Many things come against us to make us weak. Here is a brief list of those things.