10 Things That Make You Weak
In any situation, strength is superior to weakness, that is of course unless you like weak coffee, or you are weak to chocolate....Having a weak will is what gets you into trouble. A weak will makes you vunerable to be controlled by anyone who has a stronger will than you do. You can know the right thing to do, but that weak will won't let you do it....People have you going back and forth.... you can't stick to your decisions, you fluctuate in everything that you do....you are miserable inside and in effect, are doubled-minded.
Well, all is not lost...there is help for you (and for me)....If you work on overcoming the following 10 things you can keep weakness at bay and eventually reverse its effects......
- Indecision- When faced with the need to make a decision, utilize the "stop, think, ask" , system. This system is tried and true. The way it works is when you have to decide something, you don't. At least not for a minute or two. Don't be afraid to be slow to speak. Take the time to think. Consider your convictions, your desires, the consequences and benefits of the decision you are preparing to make. Ask God to help you make the right decision....if you listen, He will guide.
- Fear- Fear is the hinderance to greatness. If you fear, you will not act. It is the great paralyzer of hope and dreams....get rid of it. Do whatever it takes to keep fear from being great in your life. If you know God, you don't have to live with fear.
- Insecurity- Your opinon of yourself should outweigh the opinions that others have of you. And you opinion of you should be based in what God has said about you. If you value another persons opinion of you more greatly than you value your own opinon of yourself, you will always be weak. Learn to be strong.
- Alienation- Don't push people away. If you have been hurt in the past and are suspicious of others or think that people just don't like you, than it is time to examine your own heart. You may have been desperately hurt by others, but as devastating as that may have been you have to move on. Learn to trust again. He that would have friends must show himself friendly.
- Isolation- Hiding from the world will weaken you more quickly than anything else. Iron sharpeneth iron. You have to interact with others even though you may be offended once in a while. Learn from the offense. Let it toughen your skin. Endure hardness as a good soldier.
- Lack of knowledge - What you don't know will hurt you. Learn, study, read, pray, ask questions. Never find yourself without curiosity. In all thy getting, get an understanding.
- Lack of communication- Communicate with yourself. Tell yourself that you are strong because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Communicate with others, connect with people who care about your. Communcate with God...He loves you most of all. Turn your can'ts into can's. I know that is a cliché but it is faithful and true.
- Self-deception- Always tell the truth to yourself about yourself. If you are lazy, don't say that you are not. But more importantly, decide what you are going to do about it...how are your going to begin to change it....never give up on yourself. Set a goal one day at a time to change the negative truths about yourself into testimonies.
- Pride- A multifaceted monster that is many tentacled and which must be guarded against on a regular basis. Study about pride, recognize it and get rid of it.... your help cometh from the Lord.
- Worry- Can you change one color of your hair to another color without the help of peroxide? No!, so, don't worry. The company is closed over the weekend, so, why are you worrying about the bill? Get the money to them on Monday. Let go of things that you cannot change until you can change them.
Above all else, guard your heart, filter what goes in and what goes out....You can be strong.
More by this Author
Have your children ever asked you, "Why do we have to go to church?" Or perhaps it is you who is wondering. Well, here are 10 reasons why it is to your advantage to go to church.
We all have times of weakness,but they don't have to control us. Here are a few proven ways to help you get strong.
Is your anger based on truth or is based on your misconception of reality... Take a look and get set free.