15 Things That Will Make You Strong
Strong or Weak....the choice is yours...
We all have times of weakness, times when we tell ourselves how much better our lives would be if we could only.....times when we wish we were able to finish our exercise program, say no to a bad habit, keep a promise to ourselves, a loved one or friend; times when we wish we could tell our children no for their own good, and stand by it.
To be strong or to be weak....that is the question and you are the one who has the answer. By all accounts being strong is better than being weak. Strong hearts, strong bodies, strong minds, and strong wills, all of these make for a better quality of life.
The problem with most of us is that we can't commit to start the work. Whatever the work is. We may begin with great enthusiasm but if we are not strong willed, it won't take very much time before we stop the work. So, it makes sense that the first thing which needs strengthening is your will. If your will is strong you can commit to do whatever work has to be done related to making and maintaining change in your life.
Here are some tips on how to strengthen your will and consequently enhance your life. If you do what you say you'll do, your body, your emotions and your mind will work with you to accomplish the goal.
Monitor Your Thoughts
Do you ever think about what you are thinking about?See results without voting
What is your opinion?
What emotion is at the core of your feelings of weakness?See results without voting
You Can Make It, If You Try...
HOW TO MAKE YOUR WILL STRONG:
Change Begins Here:
- Forgive Yourself - Remind yourself that you are human and less than perfect. That even though you try hard, you don't always get things right. Forgive yourself for your imperfections. Be realistic about your humanity....you will never be PERFECT.
- Forgive Others - We know that they hurt you, but it is in the past. If you don't let it go, you cannot move on. You will stay stuck in the year of the offense.
- Tell Yourself the Truth - Part of the reason that your will is weak is because you lie to yourself. Absolutely each and every time you make yourself a promise which you don't keep, you are weakening your will.
- Re-train Yourself -Years of lying to yourself will cause your body, your emotions and your mind to stop listening to what you say. You can re-train yourself to believe your words by doing what you say you will do.
- Take It One Day at a Time - Remember, you didn't get in this situation in one day, and it will take longer than one day to get you out of it.
- Take One Step at a Time - Small starts make big endings. Find one thing, a little thing and work with that until you have victory over it. Suppose you keep putting off balancing your bank account.and becoming overwhelmed. Try making yourself a giant post-it note reminding yourself to just look at your balance everyday for a month. Put the note somewhere you can't avoid seeing it.
- Keep Track of Your Progress - Keep a log of what you are doing. Make tick marks on a calendar, set daily goals and deadlines. Don't be overambitious.
- Start Talking to Yourself - Talk to yourself everyday.Your body is a wonderfully made machine and it responds to the spoken word. Make the words that you speak more important to you than the words of anyone else. You talk to the vacuum cleaner and the car, why not talk to yourself.
- Change Your Confession - Right now you tell yourself that you are disappointed in yourself, that you are weak and that you aren't able to do whatever...Change your confession! Every time you think about it, tell yourself that you are strong and that you follow through with your commitments. Confess that you are stronger today than you were yesterday or that you grow stronger everyday.
- Think the Right Thoughts - You can't speak the right words unless you think the right thoughts. Think of yourself as a person of strength and commitment.
- Tell People NO! - People like to keep us where they find us. They are reluctant to have us change because, if we change, they have to change. So, when your friends and loved ones try and remind you of your weaknesses, tell them, "NO, that was the old me. The new me has changed. You may not see my change yet, but soon you will."
- Tell Yourself NO! - When we attempt change we find internal resistance. Be prepared to tell yourself NO. Remind yourself that this change is for your life's enhancement and that you are determined to see it through to the end.
- Don't be Afraid - The greatest enemy that we have is fear. Not fear that comes from without, but fear that comes from within. Fear of change and the unknown can hinder you. Replace the fear with the dream of what you can accomplish when you become strong.
- Love Yourself - You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are not always right and you do not always do the right thing, but you are all that you have. God loves you and you should love yourself. God forgives you and you should forgive yourself.
- Never Stop Trying- No matter what it takes, no matter how long it takes, never stop trying. Always expect to get better. No effort is ever un-rewarded.
More by this Author
Have your children ever asked you, "Why do we have to go to church?" Or perhaps it is you who is wondering. Well, here are 10 reasons why it is to your advantage to go to church.
To live life well we need to be strong. Many things come against us to make us weak. Here is a brief list of those things.
Street Witnessing or evangelism does not have to be complicated. This is a simple method that is very effective.