102 Reasons to get Married
1. DATING IS DONE!!! (whoo hoo)
2. You always have some one to talk to. (It may be about the kids or the trash, but there it is.)
3. You'll never laugh so much.
4. You'll always have some one to share your day with.
5. There's something very sexy about kissing the same person, it's nice to know what to expect.
6. You don't really have to worry about STD's.
7. You gain an entire branch to your family tree.
8. Mothers-in-law aren't as awful as they seem, mine is like the other side of my mother I never got to know.
10. You have some one to tuck your cold toes against in the middle of the night and eventually they become resigned.
11. You share dreams, hopes, ambition and sorrows.
12. There will be someone to pick you up at the airport after a trip . . .
13. and some one to miss you while you're gone.
14. You don't have to worry about what you look like when you go to bed
15. or when you wake up ;)
16. No one knows you as well as your spouse.
17. You'll always have a date on Saturday night.
18. Seeing your spouse smile just because you walked into the room.
19. Not having to shower alone, when you don't want to.
20. Having some one else to wake up with the kids on Saturday morning.
21. Getting your favorite flowers on Valentine's Day.
22. Having your husband buy you the flowers that were in your wedding bouquet, because he remembers what they were.
23. Having someone to help you raise your children.
24. Watching your husband dance in the middle of the living room with your daughter or play baseball in the yard with your son. Seeing your wife kiss your son's boo boo or watching her take the box full of garden snakes without screaming.
25. Slow dancing together in the kitchen to your favorite song.
27. Knowing each other's bodies.
28. Having someone to smash the bugs, and kill the rodents for you.
29. Looking forward to seeing him or her walk through the door at the end of the day.
30. Catching a glimpse of your wedding ring and remembering the day it was put on your finger.
31. Feeling your love grow, year by year, moment by moment.
32. Planting roots together.
33. Moving isn't as scary when you're doing it together.
34. Learning the intimacies of another human being.
35. Having someone to confide in that already knows all your fears and foibles and loves you despite of them.
36. Holding hands.
37. Having some one to bring you soup and take care of you when you're sick.
38. Knowing you don't ever have to rely on yourself alone.
39. Having a help mate and partner.
40. You never have to worry about where you'll spend a holiday.
41. Having someone to care that you're sick.
42. Leaving steam "shower notes" for each other to find.
43. Understanding that sometimes the vows are more important than the moment.
44. Realizing that even bad years are better together than apart.
45. Getting a back rub from someone who knows exactly how you like to be touched.
46. Hearing your children giggle (or gag), when you're kissing on the couch.
47. Having children that know they're parents are bound together by more than just mutual affection.
48. Not having to use Pornography, which is humiliating and debassing.
49. Feeling your breath catch when you see someone that just looks like your spouse.
50. Getting scared and leaving the theatre while at a movie and having your honey be the only one who comes out and says "it's okay honey, we can go."
51. Standing together and preparing your fields for rain.
52. Having another person to : carpool
53. take the kids to the doctor
54. take the dog or cat to the vet.
55. wash the dishes.
56. fold the laundry.
57. put gas in your car.
58. pay the electricity bill when you forget.
59. buy groceries and buy your favorites.
60. pick up diapers.
61. and mow the lawn
62. Being able to watch someone else's hair turn gray.
63. Realizing that time and wrinkles don't matter.
64. Anniversaries are celebrations!!
65. Fulfilling your part of the covenant.
66. Having someone to call when your car breaks down on the highway.
67. Having his mom teach you how to sew and her mom give you the money to buy a house.
68. Going away for a long weekend together and basking in each other.
69. Having someone to love you even when you're difficult.
70. Making up.
71. Learning the fine art of compromise.
72. Having intelligent discussions at 3 in the morning, because the baby's teething. (ok, semi intelligent, because you're both exhausted.)
73. Having someone to make you laugh when you're depressed.
74. Having someone to go to the doctor with you when he says you have cancer.
75. Knowing that when you're fifty someone will give a darn whether or not you eat the whole wheat toast or the donut.
76. Having your wife or husband as an excuse to stay out of trouble. "Gee guys, I can't eat that. The wife'll kill me." Whether it's true or not.
77. Knowing that when you come home at night, someone will be there.
78. The security of knowing that it's a lot harder to leave a marriage than a "relationship".
79. Not having to file child support papers.
80. Not having to go to court to see your kids.
81. Not having to explain to your parents, kids, siblings and friends why you're still just "living together".
82. Married, you can both claim the kids.
83. Not having to pay child support.
84. Waking up with your spouse, the kids, and the dog.
85. Going on dates and falling in love with him over and over again.
86. Who says you only have to have one wedding just because you're married? Have as many as you want, the plus is it will always be to the same person.
87. Having someone on your side even when you're wrong.
88. Having someone who knows your story.
89. Being able to laugh at your own inside jokes.
90. Being over sixty and still buying lingerie because you're the only naked thing he gets to see in his own bedroom.
91. Having someone to support you, in those grieving hours after a parent dies.
92. Giving and receiving comfort.
93 Foot rubs.
94. Not having to dress up for a bar-b-que.
95. No longer having to go to clubs, or bars to find someone.
96. Dancing with someone who already knows the steps.
97. Laughing at even his corniest jokes, because he's just so cute.
98. Going on dates and not having to worry about saying the wrong thing.
99. Farting in bed loses it's "I'm so embarrassed" factor. (IT'S STILL GROSS, but he's your husband and well buy a can of oust for the bed table.)
100. Having someone who thinks you're beautiful, or handsome and tells you so.
101. Children are a blessing instead of an accident.
102. Growing old together, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.