15 Amazing Facts on Breast Milk - 12 Steps To Breastfeeding Success for Moms with Videos
Amazon Featured: Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag
“Breasfteed your baby” is the best nutrition advice a doctor gives to a mother for her baby. It is also said that babies who are breast-fed for at least one year since their birth build strong bones and increased immunity against infection and diseases. Mother’s milk is a God gift for your baby. If you don’t agree with me, then go through the below listed 15 amazing facts on breast milk and how and why it is beneficial for your babies. If you agree after reading these facts, then proceed on to reading and learning the 12 steps to breastfeeding success for moms also listed below. So go ahead and let your baby live longer and healthy.
15 amazing facts on breast milk
- Breast milk cannot be duplicated by artificial
methods. You save money on breasfeeding, how, explained below in great detail.
- Mother's milk has everything your baby needs.
- Breast milk is so good that the baby does not need anything else.
- It has all the vitamins, fats, and proteins needed by your baby in exact amount.
- Baby becomes healthier with mother’s milk and has more defenses against various types of infant-related diseases.
- Breast milk prevents diarrhea in babies.
- Breast milk is the vaccine for all infectious diseases.
- Breast milk is well digested and the baby does not feel constipated.
- Breast milk can be preserved for a day or two in refrigerator. It does not get spoiled if preserved at the right temperature.
- Mother’s milk creates a very strong bond of love between mother and baby, which protects the baby both physically and mentally.
- Mother's milk is always available and does not get over.
- Mother’s milk not only gives satisfaction to the baby but also the mother.
- At night, babies can be breastfed without your having to get up so it means you can continue resting and breastfeeding your baby at the same time.
- The baby can be weaned off breast milk when the mother and baby are ready.
- Colostrum is the first milk produced from your breasts, which is a type of first natural vaccination for your baby. It is scientifically proven that babies who are fed with colustrum (yellow colored first milk) develop better self defenses against numerous infectious diseases.
12 Steps To Breastfeeding Success For Moms
- To succeed in breastfeeding, it is really necessary to learn and gather practical knowledge from your friends who already have babies.
- Wash your nipples with water alone and get ready to feed your first milk or colostrum to your baby.
- Now, put the baby to your breast, let it take all you want on one side and then offer the second breast.
- If the breasts in the beginning are very heavy or hard, then massage them with warm oil.
- In the initial stages, some mother’s have difficulty in feeding their babies and have to take help of breast pumps. It is okay in the starting but after that always keep in mind that the best pump is your baby itself so let him to do it.
- Wear an old bra so that your breasts and nipples are not too tight constricting the milk flow.
- You can also buy a breastfeeding bra to wear. This bra contains a drop cup system in which you don’t have to pull your bra up for feeding.
- Moms should breastfeed their babies when prompted by the baby. You don’t have to go by the clock.
- To prevent nipple cracks, always check that the nipple and areola are in your baby's mouth.
- Proper nursing position is really important in order to achieve a good amount of milk production, so remember that the best position is baby's tummy to tummy with his mom.
- Some moms experience difficulty in breatfeeding due to deformed nipples that may be flat, small, navel-shaped and these difficulties can be overcome with appropriate breast massage.
The breastfeeding mom is required to eat and rest as much as possible. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is a good thing for both mom and baby.
If you are a working mom, then also always remember to breast-feed your child as soon as you return from your work or office and you have had a good meal.
Some Steps on How To Breastfeed in Public
In the below video on nursing bras, you can see how the new style drop cup bra system helps mothers to breasfeed in public and also ease and comfort of feeding their babies at home. Nursing bras also come in various other styles including lace drop cup bras, seamless nursing bras, underwire nursing bra, women's sleep nursing bra.
New style drop cup bra is to cater to women who prefer adjustability in their bras
Buy a drop cup bra online
Similac Advance Earlyshield Powder Baby Formula, 23.2-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 6)
SAVE MONEY ON BABY FORMULAS WITH BREASFEEDING
Yes, that's true my friend, breast milk also saves us a lot of money on formulas and that money saved can be used in feeding the mother with much more healthy diet which is well balanced and nutritious. Plus you can buy fruits from that money saved for your family. Baby's health is also of equal importance. Breastfeeding babies for at least one year is recommended and after that you can carry on with buying and feeding formulas such as Nan 1 and Nan 2 in India, Enfamil, and Similac in America, etc. to feed your babies. Yes, for the first year, you will save on baby formulas, as if you are not breastfeeding, you will have to buy at least three formula packs each month costing somewhere around 10 dollars for one pack that comes to around 30 dollars per month. Total money you will save on formulas if you are breastfeeding your baby for one month will be 360 US dollars that is approximately 16200 Indian Rupees to save. Also, I researched and found two very popular baby formula brands.
Similac Advance with Iron Powder - 12.9 oz is priced at 17.15 US$ at sale, actual price is $21.99.
Enfamil AR Lipil Milk - Based Infant Formula Ready To Use - 32 oz / can, for first 12 months by www.americarx.com is for 58.93$.
This video answers the most commen breasfeeding question: How often I should breasfeed my baby?
More by this Author
This story is based on a true incident that happened in a government medical college in India.
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.