30 Parenting Tips, Easy Ways To Show Your Children You Love Them
Love One Another
It probably goes without saying, but the best way you can show love to your children is to love each other. So, Mom and Dad, make sure they know you do!
- Really listen to your child. Don't interrupt them when they are talking, or finish their sentences for them.
- Introduce your child to people. Don't act as if they aren't there.
- Hold hands with your child.
- Always give your children hello and good-bye kisses.
- Display your child's artwork (as well as their schoolwork) in prominent places. That is what a refrigerator door is for. If your child makes it, cherish it.
- Remember, if your child thinks it's important, it's important. Show them you value their opinions and ideas.
- Respect your child's privacy.
- Be genuinely interested in your child's day. Ask about how their day went, and let them share their triumphs and disappointments with you. Make sure you listen carefully.
- Work a giant jigsaw puzzel with your child. Just imagine the quality time to talk while you are putting it together. Make sure the TV is off.
- Share with your children the things that are important to you, hobbies, music,scriptures, education, family traditions,etc.
- If you want your children to confide in you, show them that it is safe to do so first. Don't break their confidences and share their secrets with your friends.
- Eat meals together as a family, without the distractions of the TV or cell phones. Take this time to just talk to your children.
- Take advantage of "chauffeuring" time for a good chat or even small talk. As they get older make sure you know what music they are listening to.
- Try to attend every event, game, and performance that your child is involved in. Sometimes if you have conflicting schedules with other siblings, mommy and daddy may have to split up and go to separate events.
- Bonus: Talk softer and smile more.
- The Family that Plays Together Stays Together
Family time is time to build relationships and develop friendships.
- RAISING HAPPY CHILDREN
by Dan Tricarico Having happy children is not a case of hit-or-miss. There are concrete steps you can take to increase the chances that you and your offspring will have a better day. Every day. Try...
Now let's see how many more you can come up with... share them with us here....
More by this Author
Is it possible to teach modesty in todays society? As challenging as it is, modesty in dress can be found, with a little searching. Great links for modest clothing.
The family unit is the basic unit of society, and the building block for the strength of the world. Family relationships can be strengthened now by spending quality time together.
A look at how the ten plagues that were pronounced upon Egypt by the Lord, through Moses his prophet, correspond with the ten popular Egyptian Gods of the time.