50 Things To Do With Your Children
There is never enough time in the day to spend with your children. So make the moments that you have with them count. There are so many things that you can do with children most are truly simplistic but also easily forgotten. It is amazing what spending just a few moments with your children will do for them and you. Here are 50 simple things you can do with your children that can totally change their mood and yours as well.
1. HUG – Everyone can use a hug and they are so quick and easy to give, you can give so many in a day and make many special moments all day long.
2. KISS – A simple kiss on the cheek or forehead can make a child smile.
3. LAUGH – Laughter is truly the best medicine and laughing with your child is a great way to relieve stress and have fun.
4. SING – Who cares what you sound like just sing for the fun of it.
5. DANCE – Dance around with your kids not only is it fun but it’s a good work out too.
6. WALK – Take a walk with your kids show them something new.
7. TALK – Talk to your kids, tell them a story, tell them something about yourself or just share something with them.
8. READ – Read to your kids or have them read to you it is more than educational.
9. LISTEN – Listen to your children sometimes they have the most amazing thoughts and ideas.
10. WRITE A STORY – Write a story with your children again they have amazing ideas and can weave some interesting stories.
11. WRITE A POEM – Kids love to rhyme write a poem with them, make it funny and fun.
12. COOK – Let your kids help you cook a meal; breakfast, lunch or dinner. This can take some time but is really fun when you are both involved.
13. BAKE – Bake a cake, cookies or some type of treat. My kids enjoy cracking the eggs the best. Eating them afterwards is good fun too.
14. SMILE – Smile and your children will smile back. Nothing like having everyone smiling and happy.
15. JOKE – Tell jokes, have your children make up some jokes or tell you jokes that they know.
16. COLOR – Get a coloring book or blank paper and some crayons and start coloring this is a great way to release that inner child, to relax and to have fun with your child.
17. DRAW – Draw a picture; show your child the cool things you can draw and let your child show you what they can draw too.
18. PAINT – Finger paints or painting with brushes is really fun. Put on a smock and have some messy fun.
19. PUZZLES– There are so many different types of puzzles out there from simple to difficult and all are fun if you and your child are doing them together.
20. GAMES – There are so many different types of games to play from board games to indoor games. Find something that both you and your child might enjoy and have fun.
21. RUN – Take a quick jog with your child, have fun with it.
22. RACE – Turn that quick jog into a race and see who wins.
23. SKIP – Skip with you child. I had to remind myself how to skip because it had been so long but it was well worth it.
24. HOP – Hop around or even make a hopscotch board with some outdoor chalk and play hopscotch.
25. RIDE BIKES – Go for a bike ride. Find a nice path and ride together.
26. SKIP STONES – Skipping stones is not easy but throwing pebbles in the water can be a fun way to pass time.
27. HULA HOOP – I just rediscovered this fun pastime with so many different ways to spin the hula hoop; hips, neck, arms and legs.
28. PICK FLOWERS - Or at least look at different types of flowers. This works great for birds and bird watching too.
29. LOOK AT BUGS – Look at the different types of bugs you can find.
30. CLIMB TREES – Climbing trees can be very fun, just be careful.
31. CLEAN – Yes you can have fun with your child while cleaning. Children love spending time with their parents and that is the important part.
32. TAKE PICTURES – Give your child one of your old cameras if you have one or even a disposable camera and see what fun they have taking pictures.
33. WATCH MOVIES – Watching movies can be great fun. Let your child pick a movie that they would like to see and watch it with them.
34. LOOK AT CLOUDS – Find a nice stretch of clean grass and lay back watching the clouds. Point out the different shapes of the clouds and what they look like.
35. TAKE A BUS RIDE – Go on a public bus ride to the destination of your choice.
36. GO TO A LOCAL STORE – Sometimes I take my kids to the local drug store where they have little bins of toys that are less than $5. It is fun to let them pick through the bin for something that they like.
37. GO ON A BOAT RIDE – Take a boat ride if possible being out on the water is quite the escape and riding with your child can be a great experience for them as well.
38. GO TO THE LAKE OR OCEAN– There are lots of different things that you can do at and on a lake. Exploring by and in the water can be great fun.
39. GO FISHING – Take your child fishing, even if you don’t catch anything it is a great way to bond.
40. GO SWIMMING – Go for a swim, have fun splashing around in the water
41. PLAY IN THE RAIN – Go out and dance in the rain, jump in the puddles and get wet.
42. PLAY IN THE SNOW – Make snow angels or build an igloo or a fort. Just have fun being cold and sharing the moments.
43. THROW SNOWBALLS – Now that you are in the snow it’s a great time to have a fun little snowball fight.
44. DRINK HOT CHOCOLATE/HOT CIDER – To warm up from the snow drink some hot chocolate or hot cider together.
45. THROW A FOOTBALL – Tossing a football around can be fun
46. PLAY BASKETBALL – A little one-on-one with your child even if the hoop is a little high can be fun.
47. THROW A BASEBALL – Find a glove and a ball and play a little catch.
48. PLAY VIDEO GAMES – Try something new, try playing video games with your child, you might find that it is fun.
49. SNUGGLE – Snuggling with your child can be done just about anywhere. Giving them love and showing them that you love them is incredibly important.
50. TEACH THEM A NEW GAME – I recently taught my kids a new game basically because I got a little board with the same old games we were playing. My kids loved learning a new game and I had fun teaching them.
Finding ways to spend time with your children is incredibly important to both you and your child. No matter what it is the two (or more) of you are doing as long as you are having a good time it is creating great memories for everyone involved.
Spend Time With Kids
Spend Time With Your Kids
How To Spend Quality Time With Your Parents
More by this Author
Check out these sexy black ladies. They are talented and sexy and grace our television and movie screens. They are more than just eye candy.
Today many people are looking for work at home job opportunities. This can be very difficult since many work from home jobs are actually scams. How can you avoid the scams and what are real work from home jobs.
The 70s is filled with Female Singers. From Aretha Franklin to Deborah Harry. There were so many influential women in several different music genres that have made a significant impact on today's music.