A Letter to My Kids: 25 Things About Me
The Streets are Unforgiving
Pink Floyd: The Wall
It is True
1. Against the Death Penalty: Do not take this wrong, always form your own opinions and make your own decisions, but, personally I do not think we have a right to punish a human to death. That is up to God.Now if someone commits a heinous crime then by all means lock him away.I am a sinner and definitely have no right to judge anyone.
2. Favorite Color is Green: Blue is one my favorites but green without a doubt is tops in my book. My eyes are green and i love the color on clothes and cars. I am partial to hunter green or forest green.
3. Boxing is a Passion of Mine: I used to box in smokers in the amateurs and I love to watch it live or on the tube more than anything else. I have studied the sport and consider myself an amateur historian on the subject. To me it is the hardest contact sport out there.
4. Soft Spot for the Homeless: The homeless really have it hard and just giving them $1 helps them. They need shelter, clothing, hygiene and food but rarely get an adequate amount of any of these things. The thought of them starving or freezing in the rain horrifies my soul.
5. Pink Floyd is my Favorite Rock Band: I love the lyrics by Roger Waters and the guitar playing and drums are amazing. I love The Wall and The Final Cut CDs the most. The band has songs with deep meaning.
Do you have kids?See results without voting
Daytona Beach, Florida
6. My Height is 5 feet 9 1/2 inches tall: Self explanatory I guess but anyways my height is almost 5 feet 10 inches, LOL. I wish I was taller but it is what it is.
7. My Favorite Car of All Time is a BMW: I own a 2008 black BMW and I absolutely love it. Lexus is a close second. I like the BMW 5-Series. My color choices are black, green, white or blue.
8. I Love the Beach: Whether it is Florida or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina the beach is my sanctuary. I can relax in and out of the ocean and pool. Swimming, fishing or boating are the ultimate way for me to relax. Not to mention laying out on the beach getting a tan.
9. Talkative Award: In the 7th grade during the awards ceremony I received the award for "Most Talkative Student". I was a nonstop talker before, during and after class so reward well deserved. Everyone laughed and clapped like crazy when my name was announced for the award.
10. Italian Food: I love all types of food including Chinese, Mexican and of course American but Italian is my favorite without a doubt. The pastas, pizza, Alfredo, etc. make my stomach smile.
Communication in the Family (Video)
11. Favorite Athlete is Michael Jordan: Air Jordan is why I started watching sports, period. He made other great basketball players look ordinary which is no small feat. The scoring, dribble, steals, dunks....Jordan could and did do it all.
12. Community College: From 1996-1998, I attended Jefferson State Community College. I never finished. Please kids go to college and stick with it. I attended for business management and really enjoyed it. College is lots better than high school.
13. Eddie at 23: Eddie was my best friend since I was 5 years old and and he died at 23. I have a tattoo on my back to honor him. I miss him dearly. Rest in Peace my friend, 1977-2000.
14. Holy Bible: I have read the Bible from beginning to end more than once. That does not make me Holy but it does bring inner peace when reading it. I would suggest you guys try to read it and you will find yourself intrigued.
15. Denzel: I love several actors but none as much as Denzel Washington. He can show all emotions and make you feel them as well. Washington cries, laughs and shows anger with perfection.
Family Related Articles
- The Year That Was: 1978
This article focuses on events from 1978 including sports, music, television and even politics. Video, polls and photos are listed in this article along with other facts and information.
- How to Convince Your Wife to Let You Host a Guys Night In
This article describes ways to convince your wife to have a guys night, in the house. First of all, make your wife apart of the event and that will go a long way. Pictures, polls and videos are here.
- Living In a Joint Household
While I am grateful for having a roof over my head, living in a joint household is not how I pictured my life to be. There's good and bad in this situation and somehow we make it work.
Steps to Positive Family Communication (Video)
16. Vain: I have to admit I am vain about two things. I do not like my hair to turn gray and I must have white teeth all the time. That is why I dye my hair and always go to the dentist.
17. I Excel in table tennis: Our household had a ping pong table in the basement for 10 years or so and we all learned to play well. Practice makes perfect.
18. I Can Bowl: To be honest I have no clue why I can bowl so well because I do not practice and have never played it on a regular basis. Having said that, I always bowl over 20 and get a descent amount of strikes.
19. Stubborn: I am a hardheaded person especially if I know I am right. It is a bad trait to possess.
20. Eyelash: My eyelashes are naturally very long. In fact they are longer than most anyone I know.
A Letter to My Kids (Video)
Water Moccasin Eats Catfish
Tell It Like It Is
21. Fear of Snakes: It is a smart idea to be cautious around snakes and even more vital to stay away from poisonous snakes altogether. Rattlesnakes and Water Moccasins are known poisonous snakes found in our state of Alabama.
22. No Dancing: I never really learned to dance and I do not plan on learning anytime soon. I just do not have the talent and ability to do it.
23. I Love to Write: Writing stories that are fiction and nonfiction are exciting for me. I have over 800 articles written thus far.
24. Prince Fan: My favorite solo musician is Prince, period. R.I.P. This guy could write songs, sing, perform like no other and play multiple instruments.
25. Hold the Celery: I literally feel sick at my stomach when I taste celery, cooked or uncooked. A few other foods that I do not like, such as onions, taste bad to me but not to the level of celery.
How to Talk to Your Child (Video)
© 2017 lesliebyars
More by this Author
This hub describes the top boxing ring announcers in boxing history. Jimmy Lennon and Michael Buffer are listed in this boxing article along with videos, pictures and commentary.
This article about inventions in the medical field features the curing of Anemia, The discovery of Vitamin E and Insulin. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are also listed in this hub.
This article is about the top inventions of the 1960s. The halogen lamp, acrylic paint, RAM, audio cassettes and hand held calculators are documented in this hub.