A man of purpose Stefun Darts
Stefun Darts - Amazing Young Man
So many times in the media negative images of African Americans are shared. On this Easter morning I work up delighted to read the story of a young man concerned about his grand-parents and put their needs above his own needs.
Stefun Darts – a Houston native, college students and founder of non-profit Caring Heart Youth – repaid his grandparents for everything they've done for him by gifting them with a $15,000 check and a trip to the Bahamas.
"I promised God in the second grade I would pay off you guys house and help you retire. A promise I would never break," Darts, 24, wrote on Facebook. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched… but are felt by the heart.
"Even with this, I could never repay you for what you've done for me," the San Jacinto College student said. "I sacrificed my teenage and early adulthood of not having fun for this moment. I couldn't stand you going to work at night, some nights I didn't even sleep knowing it shouldn't be like this. Never have I wrote a check wanting this to be the first one. To all my friends that stood by me over these last 6 years I appreciate you."
- Houston College Student Pays off Grandparents' Mortgage : People.com
Stefun Darts gave his parents a $15,000 check
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
At 24 years old this young man made it his priority to sacrifice having fun to sacrifice in order to pay off the remaining balance of his grand-parents mortgage. To add to his grandparent’s joy he also paid for them to take a trip to the Bahamas. This young man is a college student and founder of non-profit Caring Heart Youth at the age of 24.
Around this country, for various reasons, grandparents are raising their grandchildren. Often there appears to exist a disconnect regarding parenting amongst grand-children and their grand-parents. Here we exist in an age of technology, apps, and a faster world than most grandparents experienced growing up therefore it can be challenging to “keep up” with the generation they are raising.
Across the United States, almost 7.8 million children are living in homes where grandparents or other relatives are the householders, with more than 5.8 million children living in grandparents’ homes and nearly 2 million children living in other relatives’ homes. These families are often called “grandfamilies.”
A Good Man
The making of a great man. Thank you to Marilyn and Cecil Roberts for raising an amazing grandson. There are young African American men in the making that are awesome! Let me give the making of a good person with a good heart-the type of great man that shine in the “good man” category.
- Plan and purpose. This young man was willing to sacrifice fun to accomplish financial goals. If you can master such a purpose at the age of 24 it only gets better as he gets older. If Stefun could delay satisfaction to accomplish goals the sky is the limit for his future. A great man doesn’t wander around like an idiot-he has a plan and a purpose and does not deviate from that goal.
- He kept his promise as a little boy that he made to God to help his grandparents. He spoke words spiritually and held that commitment. To purpose something in your mind and stay true to that goal is amazing. An idiot bleeds promises and empty words but a strong man’s words are like goal and you can count on them like a secured check.
- He cares about the community and feels a sense of desire to help others which is evident by founding the non-profit Caring Heart Youth.
- He recognizes his friends that have helped him to reach this goal. A good person never accepts credit without giving credit to those that helped him along with way. No one accomplishes anything entirely at their own hands.
- He balances his goals. Working to pay off his grandparent’s mortgage while attending college and founding his Caring Heart Youth shows he prioritizes his life while practicing good values. It’s not one goal or another but collectively pursuing that which will fulfil his life is helpful.
Men like Stefun Darts are role-models for young men everywhere. You can live your life with purpose and determine your outcomes while staying true to those that helped others. Women often search for bad boys that break their hearts-somewhat true. It would benefit young women to understand the qualities that make a person a good potential husband/father. These are the makings of a fine young man that is a great example for today's youth.
More by this Author
After a divorce or break-up,co-parenting becomes a challenge. One must be willing to compromise and act in a way that best benefits the child/children. It's not easy but it's necessary for your child.
Amy Joyner died after getting into a fight with another girl ,jumped by bullies. Her head hit the bathroom sink at a school in Delaware Thursday morning which appears to be the blow that killed her.
Sometimes you need to laugh but this movie Almost Christmas Thoughts
No comments yet.