Being Corny Is a Good Thing: Everyone Jokes About Me Being Corny.| Nice and Corny
Call me corny, but...
I was in a group interview for a counseling program and one of the other applicants said, "Call me corny but I care about people." I then stated that this is the place to be corny. One should never be embarrassed that they care about people and have made helping others the focus of their life. If caring about our fellow human beings is corny, what else could be considered corny? The memory of that interview gave me a kernel of an idea for this HUB.
1. If caring for fellow humans is considered corny, then call me corny. Life is more than grabbing all you can at all costs. After All, we are all the same chunk of rock in an absurd universe.
2. If opening a door for your date or wife is corny, then I am a corn ball. My wife did not know what I was doing when we first went out. Now she waits for me to open the door (chivalry will always be sexy).
3. If clean jokes are corny, then I am corny as they come. Not all jokes have to be about sex.
4. If a family picnic is corny, then call me corn bread. Spending time with your family is something you should do as often as possible.
5.If watching movies like Willy Wonka, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and It is a Wonderful Life is corny then pass me the popcorn. Each of these movies had heart and were entertaining.
6. If standing up when a woman you care about leaves or joins the table is corny, then I have a corn cob...um, never mind. It is always nice to let her know that you love her.
7.If calling your wife beautiful, gorgeous, or any other pet name is corny, than I am just plain corny. She is all of those things to me and more (well most of the time.)
8. If telling little kids that they like boogers and crackers is corny, than I am a corn bug. I know it is a weird thing to say but it gets them to laugh every time.
9. If trying to write a novel is corny, then call me a corn fed american. Every American has a story they want to tell. Even if they just want to tell that story to someone who is compassionate.
10.If bragging about your family is corny, then call me the corniest of the corny. Most kids do not know that members of their family are their biggest fans (or they should be).
In closing, I know this HUB was corny and maybe just a little lazy, but there was humor and a nugget of truth in every sentence...just like there is truth in corny sayings.
More by this Author
This Hub looks at fifteen mind blowing quotes and dissects them to find out why they are so mind expanding. Okay, mind blowing might be a little too strong of a description, but one will see how these quotes really do...
This is a funny article on how to tease and relate to your teenager. This hub has humor that teenagers and their parents can relate to.
- 11How to Deal With Pesky HOA Nazis and/or Nosy Neighbors | 10 Practical Tips| How to Annoy Your Neighbors
Do you have problems with your Home Owners Association (HOA)or nosey neighbors? In fact, when you think of your HOA does the image of Nazis come to mind, or in the case of neighbors, neanderthals spring to mind? Do you...