Best Selling Double Strollers
If you're expecting twins or if you have two toddlers or even a toddler and a baby, you'll want to know all about the best selling double strollers to take your little bundles of joy out and about in.
As a mother of twins myself I know a thing or two about the difficulties of taking babies and toddlers out with you.
You need to carry things for the babies - spare diapers and diaper bag, milk bottles, dummies, napkins in case they are sick, warm wrappings in case the weather turns colder, plus if you are going to the shops you may need to find space for your shopping too.
When all is loaded aboard you need both hands to negotiate your stroller or buggy up and down sidewalk curbs and other obstacles.
The best strollers will be lightweight enough to manoeuvre with ease, yet stable enough to hold your darlings securely especially when loaded with those other things you need to carry too.
The best selling strollers incorporate some or all of what you will require.
The Baby Jogger 2010 City Mini Double Stroller is the #1 best seller and for very good reasons.
- Light and easy to manoeuvre, it fold up really easily too, almost flat so ideal for sticking in the trunk of the car, or for travelling by public transport.
- It can carry 100lbs of weight easily, so there is plenty support for your babies/toddlers plus some shopping.
- There is a storage tray underneath but it is quite difficult to get to. It might be easier putting the bags on the handle bars even although the manufacturer suggests not to (uneven weight distribution). There is also a storage area behind the seats.
- The two baby seats are side by side, yet the stroller overall is quite small and easy to handle. It comes with individual seat canopies with clear plastic view windows to let you see your babes while they can see out too.
- The seats have two positions - sit up and lie almost flat - and are padded for extra comfort.
- Individual 5 point safety harnesses are inbuilt.
- This double stroller comes with 8" wheels and front suspension to guarantee a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Comes with a sun canopy for those warmer days.
This is a super stroller that will last and last. It might not the cheapest stroller out there, but it is the best.
*21lbs in weight
The Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem II Stroller, Tangerine isn't really tangerine, but it does have tangerine straps!
This is a very handsome tandem stroller which incorporates some unique features worth mentioning.
- The seat are multi-positional for a start. You can have your kids both facing you, both facing away, one facing away and the other facing you or both facing each other, and it is a simple manoeuvre to change the seat positions.
- This stroller includes a car seat attachment that can accommodate most infant car seats.
- Adjustable canopy to suit your child's height.
- Incorporates child cup holders that be be swung out of the way easily for the child to embark or disembark.
- Handy quick trigger folding mechanism. Also the stroller remains standing after folding, leaving you free to deal with your children once they are out (in case they run off).
- With 8" swivel wheels at the front and 10" at the rear, your kids are guaranteed a smooth ride every time.
- Each seat, which is recline-able, is capable of carrying 40lb of child weight, and there are super storage areas both between the seats and underneath for shopping and/or baby accessories.
Not surprising this is the #2 best selling double stroller. It really is easy to manipulate no matter where you are walking with your children, while being light and spacious.
*48lbs in weight
The Contours Options Tandem Stroller - Ruby is definitely for parents who want to be noticed! It really is a beautiful stroller and its bright red coloring makes it stand out from the crowd.
Being tandem as opposed to side by side seating, it is easy to manoeuvre through doorways and narrow spaces.
This is a big and heavy stroller, but once you are out and about in it, is feels light and simple to manoeuvre.
- The seats recline, and change into multiple positions so your kids can face you, face away or face each other.
- You can also use your car seat with the Contours Options Tandem Stroller - most makes will fit but check through at Amazon if yours does before you buy.
- With easy swivel front 8" wheels at the front and 10" wheels at the back, this stroller makes for an extremely smooth and comfortable ride for your children.
- It also features a quick trigger fold-up that leaves the buggy in an upright position which is great for hands-free child control.
The underseat storage area is fantastic - plenty of room for shopping bags, discarded jackets, your diaper bag etc. This is a great stroller. Its only downside seems to be that in order to fold it flat you have to take the seats off which while that is simple to do, takes time, so makes your trip out a little less easy than it could be. That said, is it ever easy going out with twins or two toddlers?
*48lbs in weight
The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller, Fuego is a super looking stroller and it certainly is a great way to get your children out and about.
Whether you have two infants, two toddlers or one of each, this stroller could be the one for you. It can accept two of the 1 rated Keyfit or Keyfit 30 car seats, making it easy to move a sleeping baby around. They click easily into place.
- The rear seat is fully reclinable for a bassinet enclosure.
- The storage area on this stroller is fantastic with a zippered enclosure that is easily reachable even when the rear seat is fully reclined.
- Easy fold with one hand, and the stroller stays upright once folded leaving your hands free to attend to the children.
- 5 point individual harnesses on the seats.
- Front and rear wheel suspension for a smooth, comfortable ride with easy manoeuvrability.
- Incorporates a height adjustable handle, adjustable canopies and interchangeable armbars and cup-holders.
All in all, this is a great stroller.Not too long, it is just the right size for taking your family out and about.
*34lbs in weight
More double strollers
More by this Author
Men have the right to wear high heeled shoes too. Not only is it the latest fashion for men, they look good and feel good so there is no reason for others to say they can't. This article has some guidance for those...
How to grow an avocado plant from the big seed at the center of the fruit is to clean and dry the seed, then plant it directly into a compost-filled pot. Place it rounded-side down, and wait and watch for signs of...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE211
Recycling plastic bottles are all the rage, and what better way to make use of them, than by building yourself a greenhouse? Learn how to build a greenhouse made from plastic bottles.