Best gift for my daughter – Got her a nintendo dsi for girls in bright pink
Not very long ago I promised my daughter Marium now 6, going onto 60 and treats me like my mother (when you talk to her). To motivate her to do well in her studies at after school classes and in her Islamic Studies I said “if you work hard and get me 1 certificate from school and 1 certificate from your Islamic Studies I will get you that nintendo ds for girls”.
That was back in September 2010 when she started in her new class at school and Islamic studies, I guess most kid’s do that, once you have said that you will get the game they want, they make sure that it is drilled into your memory by reminding you on a regular basis. My daughter is no different so over the last few months I have had nintendo ds imprinted into every brain cell.
In December at the end of term, when the schools closed for Christmas breaks, she came home with 4 certificates from school singing her praises and she also passed her tests for her Islamic studies with 79% and gained a certificate. Now although I and my wife were extremely happy with her achievements, I knew that it was time to buy this gift nintendo ds for girls for my daughter or face the onslaught of “you said I would get a gift, if I did well in my studies ” ...”How can you lie to me dad – where is my nintendo ds ”...”I’m gonna tell granddad & grandma that you said you will get me a gift and now you’re not getting it for me ”.
The version of Nintendo Ds that i got for her.
To avoid this and to keep my word I went into Amazon and ordered a nice Pink Nintendo DSi, picture shown on the right:
- How to keep kids busy at home with activities
Spend time with your kids now help them become better people, before you lose them to computer games and their friends. Because once they reach a certain age theyd prefer to spend time surfing the net, playing with their friends or even playing on
- How Fathers can Bake Brownies?
Many of us are very busy with work and other chores which leave little or no time to spend with our children. Those who are fathers to little kids really need to put some effort into making time for their family and especially the little children.
Want to Buy a Nintendo DS for your daughter?
And to make it all nice and tidy I also ordered the Nintendo kit shown on the right, the expense was well worth it, for the smile and hug she gave me is precious (only a parent will know what I mean).
Nintendo DS Kit Set...
I thought that would be enough but as I read the Amazon description , it was quickly obvious that I needed to order some rather expensive games, now looking at the list of games (there is so many..what is good and what is bad or not so useful???).
Take a look at the Nintendo DS games list below and you'll understand what I mean:
Nintendo Brain Training Gaes for Girls...
World of Ninteno DS Games for girls...
Top games for girls that I got for my daughter (to start with!)
Here is some information on the games for girls, that I ordered for my daughter in case you get into a similar position as me.
(1) Big Brain Academy (Nintendo DS)
- Big Brain Academy is a series of minigames that are designed to exercise the brain.
- It has a Test mode which will quiz players in five areas: thinking, memorization, computation, analysis and identification.
- It Features a riotous multiplayer mode in which up to eight people can play with a single game card.
Rating:Ages 3 and Over
I assumed that buying this game would help and develop my daughters ability in - thinking, memorization, computation, analysis, and identification.
The product description says “Work your computing abilities by comparing stacks of coins to find the higher value! Bulk up your analysis skills by quickly counting a huge stack of books! Each exercise takes less than a minute to complete. After you take the quiz, you'll get the weight of your brain, areas of strength and weakness -- and, most importantly, which career is best suited for you. Don't worry, it's all in fun.”
(2) Imagine Babies (Nintendo DS)
- A babysitter game looking after 6 babies all with their own personalities!
- Prepare their bottle and baby food in the kitchen, check on the amount of food in stock and buy the right food according to their needs.
- Rock the babies in a cradle, put on the soothing radio or move the mobile to help them sleep or to calm them down.
- Change their nappies to keep them clean, keep an eye on their health and dress them up with different clothes
- Entertain the babies: Play with them and their toys, play music to make them dance and take them into the garden to play on swings and other garden toys
Rating:Ages 3 and Over
The product description says “Embody a young student who visits her grandmother's house for the summer. Your grandmother leaves to go on holiday and leaves you in charge of her house. During her absence you will have to maintain the house and even decorate it to your taste.”
(3) Hannah Montana: Music Jam (Nintendo DS)
- Use the DS stylus to "play" the guitar, bass guitar and drums and jam with your friends
- Learn to play Hannah's hits and create your own unique tunes
- Produce music videos, complete with backdrop shots from multiple angles
- Customise Hannah's outfit, including hair, glasses, tops and bottoms
Rating:Ages 3 and Over
The product description says “The game based on the hit Disney Channel series, "Hannah Montana," Hannah Montana: Music Jam, transports girls and teens into the exciting and sometimes crazy world of Miley Stewart and her alter ego Hannah Montana. Players adventure out as Hannah or Miley, and develop their musical talents, coordinate high fashions and live out their dreams of becoming a pop star in Hannah’s greatest musical challenge yet.”
I am not going to review these games as I have not played them except the Big Brain Academy in which I keep on losing to my daughter. Must be because my brain is getting old!
What I have observed since buying my daughter the Nintendo ds game is that her ability to solve problems geared to that age range has improved, her skills in mathematics and recall of information is developing really nicely. I would definitely recommend Nintendo DS for any young child beyond age three, especially the games that are geared towards learning and brain training.
More by this Author
The veil is a contentious issue that has been much debated and protested against particularly in the West and some parts of the East. Feminists criticise it arguing that the veil reinforces women’s subordination...
People suffer from mouth ulcers in different ways, there are some people who say that when they get mouth ulcers it is painful and usually accompanies a raised temperature and fatigue, whereas other can suffer mouth...
ALLAH (GOD) ALSO SPEAKS TO US Sometimes we are just not ready to hear or accept what God (Allah) say’s to us, which is why we think we are alone and God does not speak with us.