• Clean the breast area by using a wet Cloth and dry it immediately.
• Know the most common position for the mother and the baby while breastfeeding.
• Hold the breast with the thumb and forefinger making sure the
nipple Is tilted toward the baby's mouth, stroking lightly the corner of the baby's lips with the nipple to stimulate the infant to open the mouth wide. Once the mouth is wide open, place the nipple at the center, getting ready for the baby to suck. •I Ensure that the baby's nose is not blocked. Once sucking is in progress check, if the baby is getting enough or too much of the milk. If there is flooding of milk, stop nursing for awhile as this may cause the baby to gag or choke. To reduce excess milk, express a little milk by hand or with a pump.
•Switch from one breast to another.
Allow the baby to suck on each breast lor 15-30 minutes.
• Make sure the baby is burped after each feeding.
• When baby is finished, pat the
nippies dry andi expose to air for 10-15 inin.
• Nurse often, this will stimulate production of milk. Excess milk may be stored in freezer lor future use.
More by this Author
In the planning of meals, the following factors should be considered: 1. Nutritional adequacy — or the provision of palatable foods that are rich in essential nutrients. Nutrients needs of an individual are...
DINNERWARE OR CHINA WARE Dinnerware encompasses china, stoneware, pottery and plastic. The basic chinaware includes the luncheon plates, salad or dessert plates, bread and butter plates, soup bowls, cups, saucers and...
Read to learn about the characteristics of a partnerships type of business.