Naming Your Baby
What's in a name?
There have been many studies conducted that will tell you that names can affect the behavior and personality of a child and affect what they will be and how they will behave when they grow up. A name can also affect the way we react toward another person. In other word, if the person has what is conceived as a weird name a person may judge them to be different than what they really are. It is also said that children with unusual names are more likely to have their names made fun of.
There has also been studies that suggest a child with a desirable or popular name may get higher grades while a child with an unusual or over the top name is judged a bit harsher. It may be unfair but it is the way it seems to be. However, some feel that using a name off of the top 10 name list will make their child just one of a crowd. Many feel that choosing a unique or unusual name ensures that their child will stand out in a crowd.
Whatever you decide to name your child is ultimately up to you. A lot of time and effort needs to be put into choosing your child's name. After All, they will have to live with it the rest of their life. Unless, of course, they choose to change it when they become an adult.
While wandering around the Internet I found a couple of fun websites that tells you what your name says about your personality and character along with your strong and weak points. They are fun to visit: lovepm.com and astrologizeme.com.
Top 10 Most Popular Boy and Girl Names for 2009
- Jacob - Hebrew: the supplanter; held by the heel
- Michael - Hebrew: Who is like God
- Ethan - Hebrew: constant, strong, firm
- Joshua - Hebrew: God rescues
- Daniel - Hebrew: God judges
- Alexander - Greek: Protector of mankind
- Anthony - Latin: priceless; Greek: flourishing
- William - Spanish: resolute; protector; Teutonic: valiant protector; Germanic: will, desire and helmet
- Jayden - American English: God heard
- Noah - Hebrew: comfort; rest
- Emma - German: all embracing; containing; universal
- Isabella - Hebrew: Consecrated to God; My God is a vow
- Emily - Latin: eager
- Madison - English: Good; child of Maud
- Ava - Latin: blooming or birdlike; Hebrew: life
- Olivia - English: Elf army; Latin: Olive; Old Norse: kind one
- Sophia - Greek: wisdom
- Abrigail - Hebrew: A father's job
- Chloe - Greek: lark; young shoot
- Mia - Italian: mine; Hebrew: bitter, uncertain; Scandinavian: Star of the sea
Unusual Celebrity Baby Names
- Fifi Trixibell, Peaches, and Pixie - children of Bob Geldof
- Hud and Spec Wildhorse - children of John Cougar Mellencamp
- Blue Angel - child of The Edge member of U2
- Moxie Crimefighter - child of Penn Jillette
- Seargeoh and Sage Moonblood - children of Sylvester Stallone
- Audio Science - child of Shannon Sossamon
- Piolot Inspektor - child of Jason Lee
- Seven Sirius - child of Andre Benjamin
- Moon Unit and Diva Thin Muffin - children of Frank Zappa
- Bogart Che Peyote - child of David Rainey
- Tu Morrow - child of Rob Morrow
- Zuma Nesta Rock - child of Gwen Stefani
- Kal-El - child of Nicholas Cage
- Price Michael II/Blanket - child of Michael Jackson
- Jermajesty - child of Jermaine Jackson
- Rocket - child of Robert Rodriquez
- Ocean - child of Forest Whittaker
- Camera - child of Arthur Ashe
- Free - child of Barbara Hershey
- Calico - child of Alice Cooper
- Apple - child of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Best Baby Names To Give Your Baby A Good Start
Naming your baby could have a huge influence on his or her future. Think about the way others will threat your baby based on the name you choose. Information about naming your baby in a smart way.
- Baby Names | Shape | Destiny | Meanings | Significance | Influence | Belief
Can you name shape your destiny? What influence and power lies within your name? Understand the significance of baby names and how they may affect your life.
- 5 Easy Ways to Judge a Baby Name - ParentDish
When it comes to choosing a baby name, trust your instincts. Credit: Nicole Hill, Getty Images This article is courtesy of Pamela Redmo
- Baby Names Gone Bad
I am troubled by a phenomenon that is sweeping across our nation with no apparent end in sight. Although I have noticed this phenomenon before, and cracked jokes about it privately, it has only been since I...
- Unique & Rare Baby Names of the Future!
Here are the most unusual, unique names for the next generation of babies! With new technology and a new era, why not have a new batch of babies names for the next generation? Check it out!
More by this Author
Snowmen are one the favorite symbols of winter. They are cute and cuddly looking. Imagine your loved one's surprise when you present them with a plate of homemade snowman cookies.
Children are the most important thing in our lives. Watching them grow and learn is a unforgettable experience. In this article I have compiled a set of quotes, sayings, and proverbs that are sure to touch your heart...
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.