F-Words for Families: A Family Friendly List of Words That Start With F
How Language Has Evolved: More Meaningless Obscenities!
As our language evolves and changes through the years, the more it is filled with meaningless obscenities. Everywhere you turn, you hear all sorts of words: s-words, b-words, lmnop-words, etc. All have been used and overused so much that they really have become meaningless filler words. Does it even shock you to hear or read them anymore?
The main culprit these days is the ever present F-word. I’m kind of getting tired of hearing it or reading it, especially being a mommy who wants my children to grow up learning clean, intelligent language. (Disclaimer: Not that anyone who uses these words is unintelligent; that is not my message here.)
My Short List of Family Friendly Words that Start with F
I decided to make a list of words beginning with “f” that families can use more often. It’s not all inclusive nor is every one for all families, but you’ll easily get the picture.
1. Fun—[Meaning : something that provides amusement] Why not start off with a good one? Families that play together stay together, learn together and are generally healthy together. Fun can happen in so many ways. Play board games, card games, go to parks, take a walk, read books, watch movies, go camping, make crafts…
2. Future—[Meaning : time that is to be or come hereafter ] Families can plan for their futures together. Make goals that all of you can meet, like exercising a few times a day or saving for next summer’s vacation.
3. Faith—[Meaning :confidence or trust, belief ] Simple acts of faith or belief of any kind is healthy for families. It’s also said that the family that prays together stays together.
4. Friends/friendliness—[Meaning :a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard; inclined to approve, help, or support ] Become friends with other families. Be friendly with the neighbors. Be friendly to those who need support or company.
5. Firsts—[Meaning : the beginning,the first part; first member of a series] Start your own traditions. Complete a task as a family for the first time.
6. Feelings--[Meaning : an emotion or emotional perception or attitude] A tough one, but learning how to share feelings is an important lesson for families. Start when your children are young. Don’t be afraid to share how you feel about anything, but be careful not to hurt each other’s feelings, at least purposely. That itself can be an important lesson to learn.
7. Food--[Meaning :any nourishing substance that is eaten, drunk, or otherwise taken intothe body to sustain life, provideenergy, promote growth, etc.] In my family, food often brings us together. In my home, we eat each meal together, and on Sundays and holidays we eat with the extended family. Eating meals together is so important for families these days. It helps with maintaining good health and communication. What family couldn’t use those things?
8. Free--[Meaning :provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment] Finding things to do for free can make things easy for a family, especially financially conscious families in this economy. There are plenty of things to do both outdoors and indoors for free. Giving your time and energies freely can also be great for families. We all have items or clothing in our houses that we no longer use—why not donate them to charities? Or why not donate time to a worthy cause and volunteer together?
9. Fit--[Meaning :in good physical condition; in goodhealth ] It’s becoming a trend for families to become fit and healthy together. If you are willing, it’s so easy to do, and there’s no gym required. Go for a walk. Play a game of touch football. Chase a toddler. Play a game like Just Dance Kids or EA Sports Active. Get up and move!
10.Flick—[Meaning :a motion picture] Aside from trying to become instant hits on YouTube, families should continue to make home movies. Why? Simply for the memories. They may not be fun to watch immediately, but in five-ten years, they will be so much fun to watch. Families can also upload home movies on social media sites where extended family members can download and watch them. The home movies can be events that have occurred or in the form of a letter.
Family Friendly List of Words that Start with FClick thumbnail to view full-size
Favorite Family F-Word: Family, of Course!
Acceptable, Family-Friendly Language for Our Future
There are so many other quality, family friendly words that begin with F, but I’d be here forever. Families and friends, let’s improve our vocabulary. Let’s be frank and honest here: obscenities used in family settings do not help our children learn in any way. Our children—our future leaders, parents, teachers, doctors, workers, farmers—deserve to have clean language that supports them and fosters their growth and development. Don’t be foolish; use f-words wisely.
Definitions from : Dictionary.com.
What Can You Do with These F-Words?
More by this Author
How can you be a patient parent? Learn how to be a patient parent by looking at what causes parents to lose patience and how to be more patient and calm with kids.
. Learn how to prepare older siblings for a new baby and how to introduce your newborn to older siblings.
Am I pregnant? How early can I take a pregnancy test? When can I take a pregnancy test? Find out about pregnancy tests and the best time to take one if you are trying to have a baby.