Family History Cemetery & Churchyard Websites
Cemeteries and Churchyards
As you can see from some of my other hubs I am often found in Cemeteries and Churchyards, Churchyards being my favourite, I'm really not a fan of graves that aren't attached to a Church, I'm not sure why that's just me. I love taking photographs in all weathers and there's always something new just around the next corner, like the grave above, I've never seen these anywhere else except in Buckinghamshire, the body is entirely encased in stone and the headstone faces away from the actual grave, which makes it much easier to photograph I have to admit but I'm sure that's not the reason it was done this way. If anyone knows why, please let me know as it ticks over in the back of my mind occasionally as to why they did it.
Below is a list of links to different websites with information on our ancestors that have passed over to the great beyond leaving us clues to our heritage. I hope you'll find them worthy of a visit, I also hope you'll come back soon and visit my hubs as I keep adding new information on a weekly basis.
Good luck in your search for your ancestors.
- Photographed Cemeteries in the USA, Canada, England and Luxembourg
There are thousands of Cemetery Tombstone Photographs available for your personal use in genealogy records. Use them to keep your family tree up to date.
- Mull Genealogy - Burials Worldwide for the People from the Isle of Mull, Scotland
- Monikie, Scotland - Kirkyard Memorial Inscriptions and Photographs
- Burials in Monikie, Scotland from Old Parish Registers
- Burials in Dunnichen, Angus, Scotland 1856-1876
- Deaths recorded in Dundee, Scotland from 1990-1993
- Burial Records from Barry, Angus, Scotland Parish Register 1746-1812
- Scotland Genealogy ~ Free Scottish family Births, Deaths and Marraiges
Scotland genealogy and Scottish family history resource. For anyone researching their family history in Scotland, our aim is to provide a free resource for sharing information about ancestors found in Scotland.
- Yorkshire Archaeological Society - Monumental Inscriptions
Yorkshire Archaeological Society - Monumental Inscriptions
- Gravestones in the Churchyard of St. Peter-in-the-East, St. Edmund Hall - Oxford
St Edmund Hall is a College of the University of Oxford.
- Peterborough War Memorial
Peterborough war memorial, First and Second World War rolls of honour, plus related information.
- Old Burying Ground at Billy Parish Church, North Antrim
Gravestone Inscriptions at the old burying ground beside Billy Parish Church in North Antrim
- Moray Burial Ground Research Group, Scotland
The MBGRG conducts research on all aspects of the Burial Grounds of Moray, Scotland with publication of monumental inscriptions from both standing and buried stones. This is of particular interest to genealogists and local historians
- Memorials and Monuments in Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
A Directory of Memorials and Monuments in Portsmouth and Southsea, Hampshire, UK
- London Cemeteries | I see dead people, and take photos
- Lincolnshire Village Memorials
Lincolnshire village memorials honouring those who fell in the great War 1914-1918.
- Irish Gravestone Inscriptions, Tracing your Irish Ancestors: Home
The largest online collection of gravestone inscriptions in Northern Ireland containing over 50,000 inscriptions from over 800 graveyards in counties Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry and Tyrone.
- Houghton-le-Spring Cemetery
- Gravetext - Consett, Blackhill, Shotley Bridge
Gravetext-Genealogy, Burial Records, Monumental Inscriptions, Burial Registers, Consett, Blackhill, Shotley Bridge
- Gravestone Photographic Resource Project grave directory home page
Gravestone monument photographic image index
- Bandon War Memorial
Bandon War Memorial, dedicated to the soldiers of Bandon and district who died during World War 1 & 2.
- Memorials and Monuments on the Isle of Wight - Main Index
Isle of Wight Monuments and Memorials A Directory of War Memorials and Monuments on the Isle of Wight, UK
- CEMSEARCH-uk Monumental Inscriptions and Gravestones in Lancashire
Database of Lancashire Cemeteries Salford Manchester Accrington, Burnley,Blackburn,Nelson,Great Marsden, and Preston. North West United Kingdom. A useful tool for family tree and ancestry research.
- Kent Churchyard Monument Inscription (M.I.s) & other notes
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain
Cemetery Records Index Page
- Cemetery Records Online - Search Cemeteries
An archive of cemetery records from tens of thousands of cemeteries across the world. Search for cemetery records, browse cemeteries, and contribute your own cemetery transcriptions to our growing archive.
- British Commonwealth War Graves Registers, 1914-1918
A collection of cemetery and memorial registers from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission is in this database. Sixteen printed volumes containing 106 registers and covering approximately 250 cemeteries make up the collection.
- Ballinamallard Gravestones
Free genealogy (gravestone inscriptions) detailing Ballinamallard Gravestones from Ulster Ancestry.
More by this Author
Photographs and responses to requests for help from the Graves, Burial Records and Photographs Hubpage Surnames A-F
Photographs and responses to requests for help from the Graves, Burial Records and Photographs Hubpage Surnames G-Q
One of the best cakes for a teatime treat, easy recipe, quick to prepare, no mess and one of the best Lemon Drizzle Cakes you'll ever taste.