Helpful Hints for Kids' Elementary School Education
Making Learning an Enjoyable Experience for Elementary School Children
Bringing children’s attention to studies may seem to be a tedious task especially during the early years of schooling. Most of us leave the complete responsibility of our children’s learning to the teachers at school. We, especially working parents, tend to overlook the innocent craving in our children’s eyes; the craving to be with parents. I am a mother of two. Both my girls are in high school now. When I look back, I feel, the decision to leave my job to be with them was appropriate since I find them very interested in studies. But it may not be practical for everyone to leave their job only for their children’s education. Some of the following tips may help you with attracting your kids’ imagination towards studies.
How to Improve Kids' Attention?
- It is always better if at least one of the parents spend some time with the child at home. Child enjoys the company of mother or father.
- To start with, you may just sit with him/her and try to start a conversation about what happened in the school on that particular day. Children are very much interested to share all the happenings in the school with their parents.
- Slowly, you can ask him about the lessons he had in the school and gradually shift to textbooks. It is always important to note that a child’s attention span is very less and you need to stop the tutoring before the child starts whining. In the beginning, probably 10 to 15 minutes will suffice. Slowly you can increase the timing.
- For difficult children, also it is always advisable to maintain a fixed time and fixed corner of the house to do tutoring.
- Take the child to the nearby children’s library, frequently. This will boost their self-confidence and help in developing love towards books and reading
- Never scold or give corporal punishment when you sit with them
- Make sure that your child is not hungry and sleepy before starting the studies
How to Improve Kids' Attention?
Sitting with the child every day on a routine basis will help in cementing the study habits of children.
These simple tips can be adopted by any one easily. But, it is very important for the parents to be consistent with their children. Parents having children in preschool or elementary school will have to pay attention to their studies back home.
Other Related Hubs
- Dyslexia Intervention for Elementary School Students
Parents may have no indications that their child has a learning disability until they start school. Even then, it may take a year or two to be able to recognize the signs of disorders like dyslexia. There are tests that can be done and academic treat
- Good Introductory Science Books Series for Preschool...
Are you looking for books about science for kids? This is a list of great science books for preschool and elementary age children.
- Reading Advice for the Parents of Elementary School ...
Are you a parent of an elementary school child looking for reading advice? Is your child reading below grade level and does reading practice leaves you both frustrated and you searching for answers? Your child is not alone. Did you know that: ...
- How to Choose an Elementary School
This article helps parents reflect on important criteria for their child as well as for their family, based on family values, time, and their child’s learning personality in order to narrow the choices for their child’s elementary (Grades Kindergarte
- How to improve memory and learning skills?
Intelligence quotient can differ due to genetic and environmental reasons. However your memory power and brain power can be improved by using certain strategies whatever your IQ may be. This hub concentrates on some simple and effective measures to i
More by this Author
Few multiple choice questions on mechanical ventilation. Useful for medical, nursing, physiotherapy and respiratory therapy students.
While there is no template vote of thanks, here are some guidelines to help you write and deliver your speech.
Awareness about symptoms of cancer or warning signs of cancer empower you in the early detection of cancer. If you come across any one with these symptoms, let a doctor know it as early as possible