How To Study Smarter
Knowing how to study smarter makes all the difference in getting good grades with the least amount of effort. Whatever kind of student you are, whether its in elementary school, high school or college there are techniques and tips you can use to become the best kind of student you can be.
Actually techniques that can help people better retain knowledge by eliminating distractions and promoting better focusing skills will help those in all walks of life not just students. Learning is not only for students in school but learning is also a part of the business world. Entrepreneurs and executives can both benefit from learning skills that will help them in various part of business.
Top Ten Reading Tips To Help You Learn Effectively
The ability to read and comprehend reading is a very important part of learning. If you are looking for tips on how to study smarter, here are a few of the best reading tips to help you be a better reader:
- Review what you are going to read before you actually start reading.
- Read by yourself. Being alone while you are reading helps you focus.
- Use a pointer to follow along with the words as you read.
- Minimize distractions while reading. Focusing on the words is extremely important.
- Highlight and underline the most important words in your text.
- Limit your reading time so you don't become overwhelmed at the task on hand. It is better to read in smaller portions and fit in the reading when you can.
- While your reading take a moment to jot down and thoughts or notes you think about during the reading session.
- Do not read aloud because it takes more time then just reading with your eyes.
- Take breaks during reading times if you feel that you are losing your focus. Stretch, get something to drink or just put the book down for a short break.
- Do not reread what you already read. Rereading stops the flow of your reading.
The ability to read is very important for study habits so use these tips to read more productively and therefore study smarter.
Foods That Help You Learn
There are certain foods that will help you be smarter and therefore will be good for helping you learn. There are three chemicals that are in some foods that can help promote smartness. The are acetylcholine for focusing and memory, dopamine for intelligent learning and seratonin which also helps with learning and memory.
Foods that contain acetylcholine include egg yolks, fish, dairy products, vegetables, and peanuts. Foods that contain dopamine are in all protein foods such as meat, beans and nuts. Seratonin is included in carbohydrates such as pasta, bread and cereals. If you want to be smarter and study smarter keep these smart foods in your diet.
Things To Do To Study Smarter
The thing about learning how to study smarter is not about studying harder. You have to learn how to effectively use tools and techniques that have been tested and tried that will help you learn. Some ideas for improving your ability to study include:
- Know the times of day that you have your peak performance period.
- Learn how to combine both education and extra curricular activities,
- Improve your memory.
- Learn shortcuts for studying.
- Eliminate bad study habits.
If you want to get A's on exams you should use some of these techniques to improve focus and concentration skills. After a while you will become more confident in your abilities to study smarter. The benefits will last you a lifetime.
More by this Author
A guide to the most wanted Christmas gifts this season. If you want to know the most popular gifts for Christmas gift giving this year, this article will give you advice on Christmas shopping.
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2015 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
Halloween is one of those holidays that is great for fun food items. If you are having a Halloween party or just want to make the day extra special, check out the Halloween recipes and pictures here.