How to calm your crying baby down
Is your baby crying all the time? Do you find it difficult to calm your child down? Did you find out he/she is crying for no reason? Then you should read this.
Pay your attention.
First of all, find out why your child is crying. If it is for no reason, it must be just to seek your attention. Pay your attention. Hug your baby and make her/him feel that you are with them whenever she/he needs you. They find themselves so secured when you hug them.
Play some music.
When he was in your womb, he used to listen to your heart beat. So playing soothing music will calm down your baby. You can play via music player or sing a lullaby.
- Don’t play loud music which can harm your baby’s hearing capacity.
- Don’t make them sleep near your music player or computer. Keep them in distance always.
Massage your baby.
Give them a soft and gentle massage by your fingers and palm. It will make them calm most of the time.
- Don’t use any aromatic massaging oil or powder.
- Cut your finger nails very short while massaging.
Allow them to suck their thumb.
Sucking their thumb will give them the feeling of nipple. It will make their heart beat to come to a slower pace. It is medically proven.
- Cut their finger nails short.
- Keep their nails clean.
- Don’t make it as a practice for a long time.
Swing them slowly.
Use a cradle/crib and swing slowly. Slow movements make them calm. You must have noticed that they used to fall asleep fast while they travel by car.
- Check the cradle/crib before make them lay on. If there is any small pest/insect, it can harm your child.
- Put clean/washed cloth on the cradle.
The following tips are just for YOU.
Your babies cry won’t affect him/her a lot. But it may put your self into depression. It might affect you long time. So take care of yourself as well.
- After you make your child calm, take a deep breath.
- Make your relative or trust worthy friend to carry your child for a while.
- Always consult your family doctor for anything unusual with your child or your self.
- Listen to calming music.
- When ever you get time, relax.
- Don’t think your child as botheration ever.
- Share your work with your husband.
- Talk to neighbors/friends who have newborns at their home.
Believe that your baby is a precious gift. It is your duty to take care of them. Prepare an album of your baby and Cherish the precious moments.
More by this Author
I’m not writing this hub to hurt anyone who belongs to the particular religion or make any offense against these spiritual activities, rituals or any other. But I just want to share some information about a group...