How to tell if your baby has gas; Get rid of infant gas naturally
How to tell if your baby has gas
Just like us, our babies can experience gas after eating. However, unlike us, they aren't able to tell us what the problem is. Here are a few ways to know that what is causing your baby so much discomfort is gas.
- If your baby is otherwise pretty happy, and generally only gets fussy after she eats.
- If your fussy baby seems to calm down after she burps, passes gas, or has a bowel movement.
- Your baby's tummy may feel harder than usual if she has gas built-up in there.
- She may be very fussy, squirm and grimace as if in pain.
How to help baby get rid of gas
Here are some natural methods to help your infant get rid of the gas in her tummy, and hopefully make her happy again...
- Of course, try to do the simple burping method first. Sometimes when babies eat, air gets trapped in their bellies as a result of air in the bottle, gulping too much, or eating too fast.
- Lay her face down across your knees so that gentle pressure is applied to her tummy. This may help to push the gas out.
- Lay her on her back and move her legs in a pattern that looks as if she is riding a bicycle. This will help move the gas out of her tract.
- Rub her tummy in a circular motion with your finger tips.
- Gripe Water is a natural substance containing fennel and ginger that can soothe a baby's tummy. (Much like ginger ale can soothe an adult tummy.)
Of course, there are other methods that can be used. There are many over-the-counter gas relief drops, fiber remedies, etc. that you should consult with your pediatrician about before using.
More by this Author
- 13How I Just Knew I Was Pregnant Before Ever Taking a Test or Having a Missed Period, including round ligament pain
Expectant mother uses her sixth sense to diagnose pregnancy. Earliest pregnancy signs and symptoms.
- 1Your Severe Morning Sickness During Pregnancy Could Actually be a Condition Called Hyperemesis Gravidarum
First off, every woman who has had the privilege of experiencing pregnancy knows that the term "morning sickness" is very misleading. It should be phased out and replaced with a more appropriate term such as...
- 0How you can have a forum post or whole thread written about you removed from Topix, remove bad posts
Although originally created for spreading legitimate news, having intelligent debates and advertising community happenings, Topix.com has become somewhat of a venue foe gossips to post their latest findings to a mass...
No comments yet.