Making Every Minute Count For Life Means So Much
Making Every Minute Count
The way the world is these days, things can be so hectic and overloaded with stress coming at us from all sides. So, how can we go from being overloaded and stressed out, to be calm and balanced? We can begin by going slowly, adding in the things that will build us up while getting rid of the things that will tear us down.
- Try setting aside one night a week as a "family night." Every one is at home. No one goes out anywhere, no one decides to hid in their room all night long, and no one chooses to sit in front of a TV or at the computer by themselves.
- Find and look for simple ways to spend family time together.
- Cook your favorite meal together.
- Go for a walk down the street, around the block or to a park.
- Take a bike ride after dinnertime.
- Play a board game.
- Read a book aloud.
- Play musical instruments and have a sing-along.
- Make your favorite snack to share.
- Sit around the table and have each person share at least one thing that happened to them during that day.
- Children love having one-on-one time with a parent.
- Make a "date night" on a regular basis with each of your children.
- Take a son out to breakfast or a daughter out for a manicure.
- Go take a hike with a son/daughter at a favorite place you enjoy visiting.
- Make a visit to the local library.
- Whatever you choose to do it doesn't have to cost a lot, but the dividends you will receive from time spent together will be huge.
- Take advantage of and savor the unexpected moments in life.
- Go for a car ride. It can be a great time to talk with your children and get insight into what might be going on in their lives outside of the home.
- While waiting in line for a movie or a sporting event to start, give each other a hug.
- As you are sitting awaiting a doctor's appointment in the waiting room, read a magazine together.
- Do some volunteer work together. There is nothing quite like serving others to help bring a family together.
- Work in a soup kitchen serving those in need.
- Visit a nursing home to bring smiles and company to those who may not have any visitors otherwise. We get quality time together, and someone else gets a much needed service or visit.
- Join a Habitat for Humanity team to help build a home for those who wouldn't be able to afford one any other way.
The options we have before us are endless and it is always a win-win situation. Any time that you get the opportunity to spend quality time with your children can not be anything but a win-win situation.
Life Means So Much
More by this Author
Photo via flickr by vns2009 Did you ever think about an acorn? What significance does it really have? The squirrels think they are of importance! They love to eat them and then bury them to find later, but then can't...