Making Your Own One-Handed Bottle Holder
Me using my invention
When your infant is a newborn, it's near to impossibly to hold them and give them a bottle using only one hand. This can cause parents some frustration because it'd be nice to be able to quiety feed your little one while also being able to use your other hand to work the remote or perhaps drink a soda or glass of water. Of course we all know it's dangerous to drink hot coffee in the morning while holding a baby. This very delimma sparked me to create a useful, albeit not very aestheically pleasing invention that worked like a charm. I'm going to share it with you. I found that I was able to use both the wider glass glass bottles from Born Free and the skinner bottles from Dr. Brown. I'm sure it'd work for anything. The wide bottles took some muscle to pull out of the hugger so I actually preferred using the skinny bottle. It didn't fit perfectly into the hugger, but it still worked just fine despite a loose fit.
- Obtain a hugger typically used for keeping a canned beverage cold, a peice of copper that you can bend, and a roll of duct tape.
- You'll need to make a tube of duct tape that your copper will slide into. The easiest way to do this is to wrap it around a candle because it slides off fairly easy. After you have a nice thick and sturdy tube of duct tape, tape it onto the hugger. You'll need to consider which hand you use to feed the baby to decide just how you are going to attach it. You can see from my photo I feed her with my left hand.
- Bend the copper tubing into a loop that you feel you'll be able to grasp will with your hand. Also bend the tubing on the other end so that it is round and will fit neatly around the hugger.
- Now slide the copper into the duct tape tube. Hopefully you made your tube fairly long so that about 4-5 inches of the copper can slide in.
- Keep applying tape until you feel it's sturdy.
- Wala, you have yourself a nifty tool for feeding your infant. As they grow you'll probably not need this anymore. It became useless to me after she was about 4 months old because at that age you can hold them and feed them one handed pretty easily without any implements at all.
More by this Author
Many people are choosing gift bags over the traditional and more time consuming wrapping paper alternative. These days we are all in such a hurry the gift bag is a quick and easy method for "wrapping"...
Unique method for popping your own back using your bathtub. Illustrations and description included.
If you read my other hub regarding how to pop your own back and it's not helping bring any relief to your upper spine then maybe you would be interested in learning about this technique I just discovered. Let me state,...