Newborn Baby Parenting Tips & Advice | Steralizing Milk | Cross Eyed Focus | Neck Muscles | Bathing...
Great Baby Tips
- Some parents do not warm the milk before giving it to the baby. I have seen nothing to show that there is any difference whether you warm the milk or not, and have seen many healthy babies fed in this way. One of the biggest benefits to this is the time that you can save, and also the ease of it. For example when you are out shopping with the baby. However if you have already started to warm the milk then your baby will probably reject cold milk.
- You will need to support the baby's neck at all times in the first few months. The baby's neck muscles will be extremely weak and will take 3 months untill they are able to move the head at a 45 degree angle.
- A newborn will focus best at 8-12inches, and will be most responsive to a familiar human face. You will also notice them blinking at bright lights.
- Do not fear if your newborn baby doesn't appear to be a smiley newborn baby! It is rare for any baby to do much smiling before the 2 month mark. It is then that you will see the eyes light up and the grin start to appear!
- If you are unsure of anything at all then you should speak to your midwife. Your midwife is highly trained and skilled in this profession. Do not attempt to do anything that you are unsure of!
- Refrain from using baby seats untill the baby is able to completely hold her head up for long periods of time. Just because she has done it a few times does not mean she is strong. You will normally start to see a good improvement here at around the 6 month mark.
- Your baby will not start to sit up or crawl untill the muscles in the neck are strong enough.
- When feeding make sure that all bottles are steralized.
- Steralize the dummy. Do not allow the dummy to fall on the floor, and to then go straight back into your newborns mouth.
- Do not have the water too hot when bathing the baby. Her skin is very sensitive in the early months and therefore the water temperature should not be too hot. My preference would be no more than 35 degrees.
- Make sure that your hands and anything else that comes into contact with the baby is clean.
- Do not smoke around your baby.
Cute Baby Outfits
No comments yet.
Having trouble getting pregnant?
- How to Improve your Chances of Conceiving a Baby
In order to give yourself the best chances of becoming pregnant quickly you should follow some very important routines / steps. For some people, conceiving is really easy, and can be achieved with little...
- How to Improve your Chances of Pregnancy - The Do's ...
If you have visited this page then it is 99% likely that you are already trying, or are in the process of planning to conceive a baby - and therefore you would be hoping to see your very own baby scan in the...
More by this Author
Laser Eye Surgery has become popular throughout the world and is understandly widely available also. The country that is generally thought to have the cheapest lasik eye surgery is usually India. This is very true as...
There are over 75 types of Tribunal and Administration Tribunals are used more frequently than most others. Nearly all Administration Tribunals are created by statute and are the enforcement of social and welfare...
Before we start, take a look at the picture on the right. It is the poster for Derren Brown - Svengali. Stare at the picture for 10 seconds or so, focusing on the stage area. Then continue reading through the page, but...