Pack a Back to School Lunch Box Your Kids Will Eat!
Let Your Child Pick Their Favorite Lunch Box!
Back to School Lunch Box Planning!
Back to School is right around the corner or already here! Are you looking for suggestion for packing the lunch box with foods your child will eat?
This article will give you some ideas for packing a meal that your child will love and eat, plus some healthier choices.
First make sure your child picks a lunch box with a thermos and an insulated section where you can put hot and cold foods, but let them pick the design that they like and are proud to carry to school.
Freezing juice or drink boxes will keep foods cold, they will thaw by lunchtime. Or, you can also invest in miniature cold packs that can be found in the sporting goods section of your local department store.
There are so many healthy and delicious options to choose for your child's lunch box! Make your child happy by planning their meals with foods they love! The lunch box will come home empty!
Pick Favorite Fruits!
- Oranges, best to peel and section
Choose whatever is in season; for smaller children cut fruits in bite size piece.
- Fruit cups
- Apple slices with peanut butter for dipping
- Dried fruit or fruit chips
Choose Favorite Veggies! Let The Kids Help Prepare Veggies!
Veggie in finger food size:
- Cherry tomatoes
For dipping add low-fat seasoned cream cheese, hummus or ranch dressing.
Fun And Healthy Lunch Box Back to School!
Make the Lunch Box Meal Fun!
Sandwiches, Wraps, Salads and Soups:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Sandwich wraps
- Sliced meat rolled into a tube, some kids do not always want the bread, offer on the side.
- Cheese quesadillas
- Chicken, tuna or egg salad
- Pasta salad
- Hot soup, stew or chili
For unique sandwiches, get out the cookie cutter to cut the sandwich, a new one every day.
- Hard-cooked eggs
- String cheese
- Bean dip and baked tortilla chips
- Healthier alternative to chip: veggie chips, bagel rounds, or baked tortilla crisps.
- Trail Mix, you can buy ready made are make your own.
- Mini muffins, buy or make your own.
- Dress up low-fat yogurt by sending some stir-ins like granola, trail mix or unsalted chopped nuts.
- Bag of pretzels, crackers or cereal
- Graham crackers
- Popcorn, popped
- 100% Juice boxes
- 1% milk
- Vegetable juice
- Put a personal note, cartoon or a picture of family pet and remind them how much you love them.
- Include your child on meal planning, if they do not like it they will not eat it.
Lunch Box or School Lunchroom?
Does your child take a lunch to school or eat at school lunchroom!See results without voting
More Delicious Recipes to Try!
- Recipes for Family Fish Theme Night Meals
Theme nights are fun for the family! Check out these delicious fish, sides and dessert recipes to plan your Family Fish Theme Night!
- Recipes for Mexican Theme Night Meals
Meals are getting a little boring at your house, try planning a Mexican Theme Night Meal. I have some great Mexican recipes for you to plan a meal.
- We All Scream For Ice-Cream Recipes! | Delishably
We All Scream for Ice-Cream Recipes! There is nothing better than homemade ice-cream. What's your favorite? Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, peanut butter or Big Red for the kids!
- Fun and Spooky Halloween Party Food Recipes
Are you ready to have a spooky good time this Halloween? I have collected some recipes that everyone will be talking about days after the Halloween party is over. Check out these scary recipes!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
Looking for a delicious Mexican chicken recipe! This one has been around a long time, it was a favorite for special gatherings, potlucks and just for the family, add a garden salad! Olé!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!