50 Purity Quotes for Smart Teenagers
Programs which teach sexual abstinence as the sum total of purity will fail. Without an understanding of self-worth, the power of pure thoughts and self-control, the pleasure-seeking youngsters will yield to their sexual urges.
Therefore, it is imperative to instill purity principles in their minds. Surround them with short, meaningful purity quotes in a variety of ways: event ice-breakers, wall displays, thoughts for the day or memory gems for the week. This way, the principles can be taught continually, incidentally and intentionally.
The following quotes are grouped under sub-headings representlng the basic aspects of life. Scripture quotes are from the New Living Translation.
- Self-worth comes from one thing - thinking that you are worthy. --Wayne Dyer
- My strength is as the strength of ten, Because my heart is pure. –Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. –Napoleon Hill
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.—Mahatma Gandhi
- There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. –French Proverb
- Young people on a lark might keep in mind that all birds, except cuckoos, build their nests before hatching their eggs. –Anonymous
- Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. –Philippians 4:8
- Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. –Romans 12:2
- Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done. –Elbert Hubbard
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. –Swami Vivekananda
- Beauty is displayed in character, not in clothes. –Purity Circle Workbook (PCW)
- True beauty lies in purity of the heart.—Mahatma Gandhi
- If you want a guy to appreciate you for your mind, don’t overwhelm him with your cleavage and navel. Your point will be lost. –Lisa Bevere
- A pure woman chooses to dress and act in such a way that she may be an object of respect rather than an object of lust or disgust. –The Complete Woman Seminars
- Candid minded men like to see women dress in such a way that they look feminine. –Ibid.
- If you wear clothes that respect your privacy, you will attract friends who respect you for respecting yourself. –PCW
- The outward appearance is an index to the heart. –Ellen White
- Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within. –1 Peter 3:3, 4
- You maintain your full worth when you remain fully wrapped; when the wrapper loosens, shoppers expect to receive discounts. –PCW
- Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. Your body is sacred. You’re far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too. –Muhammad Ali
- How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.–Psalm 119: 9
- Either sin will keep you from the Word, or the Word will keep you from sin. –John Bunyan
- Filthy talk makes us feel comfortable with filthy action. But the one who knows how to control the tongue is prepared to resist the attacks of lust. –St. Clement of Alexandria
- When you decide to lead a clean life, chastity will not be a burden on you; it will be a crown of triumph. -St. Josemaria Escriva
- It is a deadly error to fall into the notion that when feelings are extremely strong we can do nothing but act on them. -Elisabeth Elliott.
- Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? . . . Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. –Psalm 24: 3, 4
- If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. –Alan Simpson
- Bad things happen to good people . . . If you ever suffer any form of abuse, do not let shame or guilt control your life. Tell someone. –PCW
- The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. –Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Do not give in to sinful desires. . . Use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. –Romans 6: 12, 13
- Guard the senses . . . for these are the avenues to the soul. Avoid reading and seeing things which will suggest impure thoughts. –Ellen White
- TV. If kids are entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they'll have with twenty-six. Open your . . . imagination. Open a book. –Author Unknown
- It's in our biology to trust what we see with our eyes. This makes living in a carefully edited, overproduced and photoshopped world very dangerous. –Brené Brown
- Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. --P.J. O'Rourke
- What is interesting is the power and the impact of social media... So we must try to use social media in a good way. --Malala Yousafzai
- Social media has become a pulpit or platform for people to bring each other down. . . Lets all try to be part of a solution than being part of the problem. –De philosopher DJ Kyos
- Spending an evening on the World Wide Web is much like sitting down to a dinner of Cheetos... two hours later your fingers are yellow and you're no longer hungry, but you haven't been nourished. –Clifford Stoll
- We are flooded with images of perfection and material things. Those influences can take over your mind . . . You cannot be happy if you constantly compete with others for public approval. –Tisha Marie Payton
- Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. –Criss Jami
- Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. –2 Timothy 2: 22a
- We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves. ―Malcolm X
- Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got. –Janis Joplin
- When you know who you are, and where you are heading, you will be able to choose friends traveling in the same direction. –PCW
- Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.—Romans 12:9, 10
- Sex is from God. He gave it to us as a gift. It's a wedding gift.—Bill Shannon
- By celebrating purity and refusing to pursue sexuality, I was demonstrating that I could be trusted in the present, and that sexuality outside of marriage would never be an option for me in the future. –Kirk Schafer
- If really you love me you must give up the wine, For the lips that touch liquor shall never touch mine. --George W. Young
- Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- See yourself as a beautiful piece of God’s holy creation. In that frame of mind, practice zero tolerance for any and every form of abuse. –PCW
- Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. –2 Timothy 2:22b
© 2011 Dora Isaac Weithers
More by this Author
Effective communication with teens begins by recognizing and removing the barriers which create misunderstanding. The most effective strategy is the parent becoming a facilitator not an invigilator.
What do you do to show that you care when touching is awkward and conversation is challenging? Here are nine practical ways to maintain emotional attachment between adults and teens.
Before you become annoyed by the habit of humming in the elderly, find out why they hum and how it benefits them. Your tolerance level may increase and you may gain a new appreciation for humming.