Recycling Cloth Diapers
To Sell Or Not To Sell
Many people choose to sell their used cloth diapers when their babies have outgrown them to recoup some of the cost. This may or may not be the most lucrative use of your old diapers. There are many other uses out there for used cloth diapers that you might not have considered, and some of them could even save you some money!
But What Can I Use Them For?
- Paper towels/Rags- The easiest way to reuse your old cloth diapers is to use them in place of paper towels and rags. If your house is anything like mine, a roll of paper towels probably lasts no more than 3 days. My 2 1/2 year old is the king of spills, we also have a baby and 2 dogs. Those things combined seems to equal a lot of mess, and paper towels were my go-to for cleaning up after them. I haven't stopped using paper towels all together, but a roll of them now lasts weeks in my house. I know we've saved a lot of money not having to buy paper towels very often. Cloth inserts are also super absorbent (it's kind of their purpose) so they're great for any large spills you may have
- Potholders- Use your old cloth diapers as potholders for hot pots and pans when you're cooking or trivets to set them down on.
- Wet/Dry Mops- You can use them on your Swiffer or other similar mopping product instead of buying their replacement pads. A lot of them can even be easily attached.
- Pet Bedding- You can sew a few together as a blanket or bedding for your pet. If you're more crafty you could probably dye some and make more stylish bedding or even a blanket for a person.
- Hand Towels- A lot of prefolds are the perfect size for hand towels or they can even be used as a gym/workout towel!
I'm sure there are still other uses for them that I simply haven't thought of yet! So when it comes time to think about selling your used cloth diapers maybe you should consider using them for something else instead! In the end you could end up saving more than you would make on the sale.
If You Enjoyed This You Might Also Enjoy
- Cloth Diapering Advantages
Thinking about cloth diapering? Here you can read about some of the environmental advantages of cloth diapers, as well as tips to save money, and other reasons you might like cloth.
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
Make your own all purpose cleaner at home! It's safer and environmentally friendly!
More by this Author
This natural solution gets your carpets clean without the use of any potentially toxic chemicals, and it works amazingly well.
Labor is a natural process which usually occurs around 40 weeks gestation, however there are a few ways to help induce labor naturally for those mothers who are overdue, and want to avoid a hospital induction.
I have a giant yorkie named Ginger, and she is a pretty awesome dog. You can read about her here.