How To Get Free School Pictures With LifeTouch Photos
A little photo history up to the present
I can't remember a time in school when LifeTouch photographers weren't taking my picture. I never needed a comb which was great, but I hated how they had you sit down and they would then play with your neck and your head. As the years rolled on I had that neck/head combo down to a science. Chin up, sometimes they want a little tilt, sometimes not. I wanted to get the pose just right, anything for them to not play with my head. I remember the panoramic photo of the 8th grade class, the senior portraits, and the prom. Incidentally, Senior and Prom photos are under the name Prestige (fancier name but same company).
Hear I am, now a parent, and my children are apart of the LifeTouch tradition. It was as a parent that I learned about the prices of pictures. Unknown to me at the time of my youth taking these LifeTouch photos were costly. My mother only purchased one set, and I couldn't even tell you what year I was in school. I didn't buy my senior pictures, but I did buy the yearbook. It's all about the memories, (if your high school time was enjoyable, mine was), so I bought it. Here is the meat of it, that I am reading and typing word for word, except the Spanish translation underneath the English part. (Stuff in parentheses I put in as commentary).
Bottom line pricing:
- Best Deal!! Complete Package-A $65 value
1-8x10 (the big picture, keep for you)
2-5x7 (These are commonly called grandparent pictures)
4-3x5 (Good for sitting on your desk, possibly some other relatives can have these)
8-2x3 (Wallets! Ah the wallets!, Every friend [of theirs and yours], family member that is down the tree line wants theses)
- Or choose individual sheets
But I don't want to pay that!
Now this is where I tell you the secret. When ever there is a school picture day, generally there are two: fall and spring, help out that day. Set aside some time and help the photographers out. This works on make-up picture days as well.
If you work a fall or spring picture day, you can't get more free pictures on a make-up day of that season. Example: If you work fall, you don't get free fall make-up pictures. Unless the pictures weren't flattering and you turn them back in to LifeTouch on the make-up day. If you have more than one child you will also have to split the package up between however many children you have.
This article explanation covers elementary and middle schools that use LifeTouch as their school photographers. High schools aren't known at this time because I don't have a high schooler yet. (I will update this at a later time) Check with the school and adhere to all school policies regarding sign in and name badges or any other identification required to be on school premises. Safety first!
How often do you purchase school photos?See results without voting
Smile Your Saving Money Now!
Benefits and Goodies
Free school pictures are great because:
- THEY ARE FREE!
- Fall pictures you have to buy before you see them, but if you work that day, your child will have awesome pictures the first time.
- Spring pictures you can see before you buy,and you still get them free. Spring pictures also feature goodies. Magnets, a Laminate Fun Pack-consists of a door hanger, key chain tags, bookmark, and mini calender card. Sometimes a special promotion item offer is included in the envelope, this varies.
- When you get the pictures instead of sending in cash, check, or online credit card payment, You just simply put a coupon that LifeTouch gives you the day that you help out in the payment envelope when your child or children come home with the pictures.