How Can A Child Become Smart?
video about raising smart kid
First of all, I believe that we are unique individuals which have unique characteristics. Some are street smart others are not. Some are emotionally well developed, others would lagged behind. Some are lazy and some aren’t. It is obvious that we are different and unique individuals on our own. But I also believe that there are some nurturing factors which contribute to a well rounded child. Society affects the individual and they will behave according to the five basic social institutions they were raised like family, education, economy, religion, politics, (thats what behaviorist would say) and hereditary plays a part in the capacity of an individual to learn. By how much, scientist don’t have answer yet.
Even so, all the children I have raised, I tried to raise them equally, of course like I said some are slow learners, while some would be fast learners, some would excel in skills, sports, game, while others are good in conversation, analytical skills, Math, English or the performing arts like music, dances etc.
So what do children really need if you want to raise them as smart children?
Have time for them. This is very obvious. To foster creativity and develop critical thinking among children, you need to spend time with them, ask them questions and encourage them to ask questions as well.
More Tips on Raising Smart Children
- Be a model to your child, if they see that you are reading, they will also do the same
- Do activities which foster learning, like mind games
- Instill in them the value of education and learning
- Encourage them to ask why things are happening the way it does
- Instill discipline and routine in their activities
- Always try to encourage achieving a goal, achievable goals
- Help them to discover their potential and nurture it
- Love them unconditionally, they will also love you the same. An emotionally secure child is more confident and will explore more, tends to learn more.
- Practice rewards and punishment work? Or praise? Well, if you praise children because they are smart, behavioral scientists believe that you are not doing the child a favor, he will sulk and try to move away from a difficult situation specially if he cant solve it. Praising a child for his effort if he did well is appreciated in contrast to praising them because they are smart.
Rewards and punishment may also work to some extent, the problem is that they will always expect for a reward every time they do things and they will not be encourage to do things voluntarily.
More by this Author
As proven by scientific researches and developmental psychologists, music is beneficial not only to children but also for adults because music stimulates senses. It is recommended as part of everyday routine for babies....
This hub is an introduction to the series of hubs I will make about infancy and baby care. Caring for children in general, not just infants is a challenging task but full of rewards, why not, once you see that your baby...
The Best African-American actors in Hollywood There are many African-American actors in Hollywood and they are all great in their own rights. In this article, I will pay a tribute to most of them like : Forest...