Stroller Chic - A Guide to High End Strollers
$800 for a Stroller?!?
You bet. For something that you will use every day for 3 years, an $800 stroller works out to $0.73 a day. Most parents will agree that every little bit helps when you've got a child, so features like great mobility, fantastic turning radius and lightweight design make these strollers very desirable. Their stylish designs and wide range of color options make the sale. The only question you're left with is, which one to choose?
Being sported by many celebrity parents, the Bugaboo stroller line is one of the most revolutionary on the market today with great features, wonderful customer service and superb mobility. Debuting in Holland in 1999 by 2 brothers, the Bugaboo stroller line is highly regarded as one of the best strollers to own.
- Lightweight frame makes it a cinch to fold and transport.
- Stylish design is appealing to moms as well as dads.
- Some models include a removable bassinet, which is great for transporting a sleeping baby from stroller to house.
- Available in a multitude of colors.
- CD-ROM with easy installation instructions.
- Great for city travel - handles potholes, curbs and bumpy sidewalks with ease.
- Great turning radius.
- Retails for $700 - $800 USD
The Stokke line of baby strollers is another high-end product for parents looking for a durable yet lightweight stroller. This stroller stands out more than others because the baby/child seat moves up and down, so your child can sit very high, closer to you and other people around them. This stroller is sure to turn heads with it's unique design.
- Seat sits high for riding or low for restaurant tables
- Easy to open and operate.
- Good maneuvering with larger wheels.
- Plush fabric for seat.
- One-hand effortless pushing.
- Available in 6 colors.
- $800 - $1200 USD.
Orbit Baby Infant System
The Orbit Baby high end stroller system is geared toward infants and has one of the best designs for infant mobility. The infant carrier docks easily into a base secured into the car with latch or seat-belts, and rotates on the stroller 360 degrees. The baby can sit forward facing, rear facing or even sideways. This is especially convenient when using the stroller in a restaurant and you want the baby facing you and the table.
- 360 degree seat rotation.
- Infant carrier seat easily lifts and carries with soft handles.
- Clean design.
- Fits infants to 29" (most infant systems fit 26-27")
- Soft and machine washable seat cover.
- Parent cup holder (most high-end strollers do not have this).
- $900 USD
More by this Author
Usually found in the refrigerated section near the cheese or fresh pasta, store-made pizza dough is one of those supermarket bargains that you shouldn't ignore. It's fairly inexpensive, all the prep work is done for...
I know what you're thinking - why would someone who doesn't like animals need or want a pet? Well, there are plenty of reasons why some people don't like animals - they can be messy, expensive, difficult to train and...