Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 2-1-----Tips For Single Parents
Tips For Single Parents
There are no real blueprints so, often, parents have to make the rules as they go along. In an attempt to support the single parents, here are some words of caution which are necessary to address some of the situations which from my experience need to be considered by single parents, particularly mothers.
Do you totally neglect yourself?
1. Many mothers swing from one end of the pendulum to the other. They either go from totally neglecting themselves and living for the children to totally being involved in their own needs and neglecting the children. It is so important to strike a balance. Parents must look after themselves. This includes having some ‘me’ time. Everything should be done in moderation. You will need to go out with friends not just to talk about children all evening. You will need to go dancing or attend night classes etc. These all contribute to providing balanced mental and emotional health. This means making yourself presentable, good company, intelligent, current and in touch with the world. This is necessary for your self-esteem and the possibility of a relationship in the future. If you neglect yourself, in the long run the children will not respect you for it. They will talk down at you and later, in life, avoid you. If you keep abreast with improving yourself, the children will hold you in high regards and pay attention to what you have to say.
2. On the other hand, if you are too self absorbed, the children suffer from the lack of attention, which eventually contributes to poor or unwanted developments. Some of those incarcerated, that I have worked with, often comment on the lack of time with their parents. Even when money was not a factor, lack of time spent with parents, in their younger days, was their biggest regret.
- Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 1---------------...
Comments and observations about single parenting from a single parent raised by a single parent.
- Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 2-2-------------...
A continuation of tips for single parents - to do with relationships.
- Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 2-3-----Tips For...
A continuation of tips for single parents discussing the balancing acts of parenting, pursuing a career and holding down a relationship.
- Taking My Hat Off to Single Parents 2-4------ Tips F...
A continuation of tips for the single parents discussing the benefits of networking and boundaries for the child.
- Taking My Hat Off to Single Parents 2-5-------------...
Continuation of tips to the single parents discussing valuing ones self and developing good values in children.
More by this Author
When communication between the Holy Spirit and I began to take place, my initial reaction was this must be a joke. This is the first of a three part hub on my initial experiences with the Holy Spirit.
A four part series of my learning experiences with the Holy Spirit to listen and obey.
A four part hub on communication between the Holy Spirit and I. But this looks like a remedial class going on?