Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 2-2-----Tips For Single Parents
Relationships- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them!
3. If you have to have a relationship, you must play away games. Never bring any potential lover to your home where your child is. Remember, it is your child's space too. No matter how you feel about the new flame, you need to give the relationship time to breathe and get well established. If all goes well, it would be part of the nucleus of the relationship with the rest of the family. One night stands are a no-no in your home, definitely out. There are many reasons for this.
Firstly, you do not know the person well, therefore your safety, that of your child and home are at stake.
Secondly, you do not know how long the relationship will last so if it is short-term you run the risk of having your child (out of their hunger for another parent) get attached to each new person only to break up their relationship with these different people shortly after. This can be like an emotional rollercoaster for them.
Consequently, your child will grow up thinking that this is normal, and therefore unable to have long-standing relationships. So no home games for you, Hose. Go to your new flame’s home instead. Although you would be on their turf, you can quickly get to know them by their surroundings. It also gives you an opportunity to walk away from the relationship if is not what you were looking for without a fear of reprisal.
Often one tends to be attracted to people with the same kind of characteristics as their previous partners, so at least you can break things up before you get too involved. There is no sense in staying in the same kind of relationship that we came out of.
Been there, done that and done with that!
- Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 1---------------...
Comments and observations about single parenting from a single parent raised by a single parent.
- Taking My Hat Off To Single Parents 2------ Tips For...
An article that advises single parents based on personal experiences of a single mother of six.Tips of dos and donts that single parents need to consider as they proceed in their lives.
- Taking My Hat Off to Single Parents 2-3-------------...
A continuation of tips for single parents discussing the balancing acts of parenting, pursuing a career and holding down a relationship.
- Taking My Hat Off to Single Parents 2-4-------------...
A continuation of tips for the single parents discussing the benefits of networking and boundaries for the child.
- Taking My Hat Off to Single Parents 2-5-------------...
Continuation of tips to the single parents discussing valuing ones self and developing good values in children.
More by this Author
When communication between the Holy Spirit and I began to take place, my initial reaction was this must be a joke. This is the first of a three part hub on my initial experiences with the Holy Spirit.
A four part hub on communication between the Holy Spirit and I. But this looks like a remedial class going on?
A four part series of my learning experiences with the Holy Spirit to listen and obey.
No comments yet.