4 Gossiping Benefits That You Didn't Know!
DAY 10, HUB #10
Do you listen or ignore company's gossip?See results without voting
Is gossiping a bad habit?
Does your ears started to itch when you overheard someone gossiping about another person's secret?
Is gossiping a bad habit?
Not necessarily. Look at the bright side.
There is various healing power of gossips which are hidden beneath the truth of this fact.
Most people are eager to hear the latest gossip about celebrities, friends, rivals, colleagues, neighbors and famous people who hold high power in societies or higher status than you are .
We may not like to be referred as “gossipers”, as the Chinese community used to say “San-pat-puo”, which means busybody, someone who speak evil of a person's private life.
Naturally, people treat gossipers as troublemaker in the society due to the ugly truth revealed. As the matter of fact, many gossipers misused the benefits of gossip in the wrong way.
They usually create a minor gossip into a huge one which makes everyone hated being gossiped. However, look at the bright side, it has been proven by psychologists that gossip is beneficial for us.
1. In the company or business
It is a common issue to hear countless of gossips related to big company directors, a well known magnate who has power through wealth of position in the business world and even in government sectors through daily news, magazine, newspaper and online forums.
Gossip is one of the methods to keep ourselves updated all the time of social status, current news what’s happening or forecast hidden secrets that had been leaked out to the media and learn to manage our associates.
The healing power of gossip is to enable us to know where we stand in the society, how to adapt ourselves to the new environment and learn how to handle situation tactfully that changes in the shortest time.
Hence, only those who are quick to respond to the media and consumers gossips provide them positive and acceptable answers are able to stand firm and succeed in the business society.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true. ~Winston Churchill
Gossip Vs Rumours
Therefore, we need to recognize the difference between rumor and gossip. Rumors are untrue statements or reports, stories that bring harm to others while gossips are news that are actual in reality but not always nice to hear.
- In some companies, the board of shareholders and directors purposely leaked out certain amount of positive news which had not been released to the media yet.
- The reasons are to increase the price of their company shares, gain lots of profits and fame overnight. When the news has become a wildfire gossip among the public, a huge amount of shares are being bought in the shortest time, which in return, this gossip has turn out to be a blessing of disguise for the company’s shares, image and reputation.
- The power of gossip helps to improve sales, marketing and push the company’s name into limelight in the presence of media such as newspaper, magazine, websites and live broadcast news.
2. At work or office
In the office, we are always looking for juicy gossip about internal affairs between colleagues, rivals, someone with higher post facing estrangement in the marriage, conflicts of opinion or agreement between senior and junior employees and other negative stories that could result to retrenchment, resignation and dismissal in the management or human resources department.
People often resort to dirty tactics to retrieve negative information of someone with higher post in the office or at work because it could be useful in helping them to achieve their ambitious desire of taking over the post.
In order to do so, one has to prove his talents and abilities to the person in charge that he is able to undertake huge responsibilities and bring more benefits to the company.
What is Company Politics?
Sometimes, this gossip is also referred as “Company Politics” which means company employees are self divided into 2 or 3 groups of people (not the company’s management idea ).
- These different groups of people are usually self centered, selfish and assist their own group in order to determine who has more power and authority to make decision on behalf of the company.
- When the gossip is related to a colleague within the same department or similar position, it makes us become more alert, pay attention to his work attitude, whether he has hit the monthly sales target as these factors give us the chance to raise our social status, salary increment and work produced is being recognized and praised by other colleagues and the boss too.
More Gossip Benefits That You Don’t Know
1. Prevent bullying
2. Encourage co-operation in business and employees
3. Help social groups to reform bullies
4. Prevent “Good people” from being misused or bullied
5. Stop selfishness
6. Filter unfaithful and untrustworthy friends, employees and business partners
3. In the neighborhood
It is common to hear our neighbors to gossip almost about anything, from family matters to our favorite pets.
Gossiping between neighbors helps the neighborhood to distinguish whose news is accurate, analyze the morality in human behavior and the boundary of the neighbor intervention into someone else family affair.
Why Do Our Neighbors Gossip SO Much?
- People often gossip when a neighbor’s son has gone astray due to bad influence of friends or classmates.
- The reason is to help the victim to realize what is right and wrong, help him to get back to the right track before there is no turning back.
- Some people may appreciate the good intentions while some may find the neighborhood being a busybody, a gossiper who has nothing else better to do than interfere a person’s personal problems.
- Hence, it depends on how the person reacts to being gossiped and who are the gossiper.
- Another healing power of neighborhood gossip is to build up a better community to help each other in case of robbery, a fire breakout, a helping hand in times of need and harmonize different religions or cultures.
What would you do when a gossip about someone you trust turns out bad?See results without voting
Another Benefit of Gossiping
Gossip provides a way of comparing social status in our work, a great way for us to compare each other in order to improve ourselves to become a better person, stronger personality and influence others too.
Furthermore, gossip helps to dig out the truths which had been hidden behind a person personality and character which we may not have realize or fooled by his feign ignorance. When a gossip is being “Let the cat out of the bag”, we could see the true color of this person either good or bad.
Hence, let's just look at the bright side of gossip, don't let the disadvantages "throw a wet blanket" over it !
More hubs From the Author:
- 4 Healthy Tips For Vitality Eating Plan
Eating the right food to live well is important for all people regardless of age. Eat natural food with essential nutrients for our body system to function well.
- Health Benefits of Garlic: How To Get Rid Of Phlegm
Garlic helps to reduce phlegm, cure skin problems, improve health and aids in digestive system. Garlic is the real antibiotic that you should have everyday
- 3 Benefits of Crying ( Tears )
Do not be mistaken that crying does not mean that you are weak or a cry baby. Letting your tears flow freely helps you to feel better and improve your mood after a good cry.
© 2012 peachy
More by this Author
Your toddler is mumbling, you fret. Learn how to help your toddler to talk and why he is confused. The more you talk with your toddler, the faster he pick up the lines
How do you handle your toddler who screams and yell at the top of his voice when you are shopping, in the car driving or at home when you are busy with housechores? You need to figure out what's wrong before spanking...
Toddlers and kids love to imitate other kids and parents behaviors. Repeating and mimicking everything is their learning ability, curiosity to learn evrything they want to know