Things You Can Do to Embarrass Your Kids
Kids are expensive, messy, and time consuming. Why not enjoy them? Try some of these for your own entertainment.
- Whenever you see your child with their friends, yell really loud, "Hi! Hi! I'm his dad I'm his dad!
- Tell your child's friends a joke - the stupider, the better
- Use ghetto slang incorrectly in public
- Dance badly in public where your children can see you
- Whenever you run into your child at the mall or or the street, point at them and say, "That's my kid!"
- When eating in a public place with your teenager, exhibit terrible table manners. Ideally, try to make as much food fall on the floor as goes in your mouth.
- When you give your child and their friend a ride, put on your favorite radio station and sing along with gusto
- Compare your child's toilet training with your own when speaking with their grandmother in the child's presence
- At a family event, discuss the most stupid things your child has ever done with the child's relatvies. Use a lot of gestures and laugh a lot.
- Make hand motions as if you are doing a rap in public where your child can see you. Extra credit if you wear your baseball cap backwards.
- Wear colorful boxer underwear with your pants down around the tops of your thighs
- Wear a bandana on your head like a pirate
- Speak like a pirate in front of your child's friends: "Arrrh, matey. Avast! Belay that landlubber talk. We've got to follow the pirates' code. There be buried treasure.." etc.
- Wear spandex
- Where your child can hear you, tell their teacher that your child is shy and needs to be encouraged to come out of their shell
- Sit in on the high school band in which your child is a player and try to play an instrument you don't know how to play
- Try to join your son's pick up basketball game
- If age appropriate, mention that their existence is proof that you and their other parent had sex at least once
More by this Author
DIY guide to changing your own locks, including an explanation of common lock types and the basics of how to replace cylinders and get new keys.
Comparing the toddler with the teenager, there are surprising similarities and unpredictable differences.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE176
The theory and practice of door closer adjustment, with steps and detailed instructions to adjust the swing of your hydraulic door closer.