Top Ten Momisms
An odd thing happens when you have your first child. You find yourself saying and doing things you thought you never would. It’s as if you supernaturally start channeling your own mother, as you hear her words, her tone, her expressions coming from your own body.
It’s a strange experience, motherhood. But it happens to the best of us. And the experiences it brings on serve to unite every one of us who is called Mom, Mommy, Mama, Mother, or Mum. Following are some of our favorite sayings as mothers. Read over these and see if you don’t agree, there is much more to unite us than what divides.
10. This hurts you more than it hurts me.
9. Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!
8. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...
7. What's the "magic" word?
6. I carried you for nine months...!
5. Stop that before someone pokes an eye out.
4. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
3. I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.
2. I hope someday you have children just like you.
And number one.... (Drumroll, please...)
1. Because I'm your mother, that's why!
Everything A Mom Says in One Day- in One Song! A Must Watch.
And here are some honorable momism mentions- in case your favorite didn't make the list.
- You drive me up a wall.
- You are going to be in hot water.
- Don't make me pull this car over!
- Don't put that in your nose.
- Wipe that smile off your face.
- Stop looking at your sister/brother!
- Don't. Touch. Anything!
- Let's see how long we can be quiet.
- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
- Put on a hat!
- You're just like your father.
- You're getting on my last nerve.
- Don't use that tone of voice with me!
- Stop making that face, it will freeze that way.
How about you? What's your favorite momism?
Comments 7 comments
- Top 100 things mom\'s say - NAPLESPLUS: Naples News | jobs | Blog | for sale | business directory |
Most kids have heard this from their mother - then end up saying it to their kids! | Know more about Top 100 things mom's say? Feel free to rate, review and comment. |
- famous mom sayings - things your mom always said
Brain Candy word play is a collection of intelligent ways to have fun with words. Clever and humorous word usages.
- Mom Quotes & Motherhood Sayings | Happy Worker
As the saying goes, mothers know best! So, we've tapped into mommy wisdom and other motherhood or child-rearing 'experts' like comedians and even a few dads to raise our very own, growing collection of quotes.
- Motherisms: \'Don\'t forget your jacket\' and Other Favorite Mom Sayings ~ MothersDayCentral.com
Show mom how much you lover her and appreciate her advice by sharing some of your childhood motherisms with her this Mothers Day.
- Myth Busting Your Mother - 16 Reasons Mom Was Wrong ~ MothersDayCentral.com
We know mom had a great reason to keep us in line, but some of her logic was a bit flawed. Checked out these mother myths being busted.
- Top 10 Mom Songs! | momlogic.com
Favorite mom songs of all time
- Momisms,Mothers Advice,Popular Momisms,Advice from Mom
Details about momisms, mothers advice, popular momisms, advice from mom, popular mom advise, advice from mother, mothers advise, mother's day, mothers day, mother's day 2010, mothers day in india, mothers day 2010, mother's day gifts, mothers day poe
More by this Author
You become a mother and halter tops are replaced with burp rags, designer purses with diaper bags, and trendy hair styles with a pony tail. Does it have to be this way?
Q: How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu? A: If it's the flu, you'll get better. I am currently recovering from being sick for the third time this month. Either I wore myself out over the...
Shopping for and choosing the right double stroller should not take as much research, deliberation, and second-guessing as buying a wedding dress. It shouldn’t, but it can- and often does. Non-parents...