Way-out fun with your kids...
Try these ideas...
A little while ago I read a hub page about the modern kids of the world, that made me think… and I asked my children what are fun things they enjoy, and my daughter without hesitation came up with the idea to “list 101 fun things to do with your children that they enjoy.”
I only managed 25, but ther are loads of fun activities you can try.
I was thinking about it and then they started blurring out ideas and it just kept coming. It was an experience to see the joy on their faces “helping dad” with his hubs.
I suddenly realized that we under estimate our children way too far concerning the “real world”. They are such wonderful creatures and we as adults tend to think of them being too young and/or not grown-up enough to realize or understand the concept of the world.
I couldn’t keep up with their ideas and had to fetch my mobile phone to record everything and later un-cipher the chaos that erupted. Eventually it’s done and for every one to enjoy…
Some ideas are totally outrages and some people might think it’s not a good idea. I thought like that too in the beginning, but just have fun… even if it’s only for an hour…
I have to add that is more applicable to younger children (11 or 12). The older kids have “better things to do”. But most of the ideas they can be incorporated too.
- Take walk in the park or anywhere else, where it is safe. Take the dog along with you if it’s permitted.
- Go play in the park with them, take a turn at the swings or jungle gym.
- Do window shopping, they love it, BE WARNED, the will nag you till death about things they saw that they want.
- Go watch any live game of their choice, even if it bores you. It can be an official league game or just a neighborhood bash.
- Instead of jumping into the car to get some milk or bread, ask if they will join you to walk to the grocer or corner shop.
- For those of you that live in apartments, instead of asking if any one has walked the dog for the day invite them to join you, then go and enjoy a quick walk around the block.
- Give your pet a bath. Some kids at first wouldn’t participate. Make a big hoo-hah about it and soon enough they’ll join. The very next day they will tell you that it’s bath time for the pets.
- Take them to the movies and watch any movie of their choice as long as it’s decently rated.
- Go have a pig-out with them at McDonalds or any other not too fancy restaurant.
- If you own a car, take a drive to the country side. If you public transport, take the bus or underground, take a trip anywhere. It’s just the idea that counts.
- Let them help if they offer with the chores in and around the house.
- Paint anything with them on either canvas or plan paper. Paint big weird or funny stuff, it doesn’t matter. The weirder the better.
- Watch cartoons with them on TV for 30 minutes or so, or rent a cartoon DVD.
- Over week ends for one day let them wear what they want, even if it looks outrages. Kids are kids and have wild imaginations.
- Try weird hair styles, moose and gel every one’s hair in an outrages style.
- In the privacy of your home let them choose for you what to wear for the day. Don’t feel embarrassed, just do it…
- Once in a while ask them what they would like for lunch or dinner. You will be surprised to hear their choices.
- Tell them at any specific day you are only going to have junk-food-day. Take it one step further and offer and offer a candy or chocolate day.
- If you go somewhere, hold their hand and tell them that they must hold tight other wise you (parent) might wonder of or get lost.
- If it is raining or snowing outside go have a walk in it, get soaked but be careful of getting sick.
- Read to them from the newspaper and explain what you are reading and why, or just read a short story from a book or magazine.
- Tell them that today no beds are to be made., dirty laundry are to be left lying where ever, unless you are a neat-freak, you can chuck into the washing machine or –bin.
- Search the internet with them and let them choose what to look for. Please be careful not to show them any sensitive sites such as porn or blood and gore.
- Go somewhere and demolish something or anything, as long it is not going to get you into trouble. Kids love this.
- Go to the zoo or fish aquarium. You will be amazed how much wild animals fascinate children.
Playing playstation with kids, they love it.
Playing with them...
I can't stress this one enough. It is very important, they love it. It does'nt have to be playstation or x-box, it can be anything under the sun.
just the idea that you are spending time with them does wonders, honestly.
Sleeping-in is the best way of cathing up with lost time.
They tend to get restless if half awake, but damn, they enjoy this.
The late sleeping leads to other fun with them while waking up.
Way-out activitis with kids...
Have you tried any weird or outrages activities with your children?See results without voting
Please share with us...
I want to invite every one to share their activities and tell how it went...
If you don't have chidren of your own, cousins, younger sibliings or friend will do too.
More by this Author
I've come across these weird thoughts or questions coming up everyday in our lives. The funny thing is we never stop and ponder over them, or ask "why is it". I hope you enjoy it... Why doesn't McDonald's...