Activities for a 4 Month Old
Keeping a 4 Month Old Entertained and Happy
I am a parent of a 4 month old and although I am a stay at home mom, I am also a work at home mom!
That means I need to keep my 4 month old entertained with plenty of baby games throughout the day.
4 month olds are not reading, running, or talking (well most of them aren't anyway) so you have to get creative in ways of keeping them occupied, stimulated, working different muscles and using their brains. Combine that with getting out and getting some sunshine and excercise and you will never have a dull moment.
To Do List:
- TOYS - All sorts of little toys are getting interesting for the little one
- Swing - Tons of swings on the market all spell fun!
- JUMPEROO - These are a lot of FUN!
- Baby Seat - Keep this in your kitchen so the little one can watch you cook or dance
- Play Gym - Lying on their backs in here can be magical!
- Swimming - Take a swim class
- Hiking - Do a long walk or a hike
- Singing - Sing a song
- Look Outside - Outside can be VERY interesting!
- Dance in front of a mirror - the bathroom counter is our stage!
- Read - even soft books with no words still get that imagination going
- Sit Outside - Nature is fascinating to a 4 month old
- Tummy Time! - Don't forget to work those muscles while on the belly
- Back time - Time to freely roll around in a playpen, gym or the floor with toys
- Walk the Dog - Yes. It is possible to walk the dog AND push a stroller
- Go to an Outdoor Concert - We will attend Summergrass, in August
- Stand - Find something to grab onto and stand
- Horsey - Sit on Daddy's lap, facing him and hold his hands. Time to bounce!
- Shop - Put your Ergo Baby Carrier on and get out there with the little one
- Park - Find a lovely outdoor locale to walk and people watch
- Theme Parks - Yes, a 4 month old can have fun at Disneyland!
- Aquarium - Fishies are mesmerizing...
- Zoo - Mommy gets her pre-prego body back from the walk here
Survival Gear for the Work at Home Mom
Some days, I may go as far to say that my baby gear saves my life! Having a bunch of options available helps to ensure that the baby doesn't get bored. I swear by my swing, jumperoo, gym, and seat.
Mix these playthings with a cozy nap in your arms or a walk around tucked into your Ergo Baby Carrier, and you guys are all set!
Get Your Gear
Lots of fun to be had in here! I really like Tiny Love Toys!
The crab toy is our favorite on this seat! This is really the best one that I've seen.
What you can do with a JUMPEROO
More by this Author
Ideas and tutorials to handcraft wedding bouquets out of fabric, jewelry, paper, felt, feathers, buttons, and other unique materials.
A quick and easy way to start your own salad bar at home to eat healthy and lose weight fast.
Princess Diana's iconic wedding bouquet was an enormous cascading style that had a very special selection of flowers. See all the pictures of the flowers with their descriptions and meanings here.
No comments yet.