emimemo profile image 78

How old is the safe age to walk the street by him/her self?

School bus driver drop kids off on the street and they do not check if the parent is there or not. When I called the school bus company, they said 8 years old ( 3rd grade ) can walk on the street by themself. Do you agree?

Annsalo profile image86

Annsalo says

• emimemo profile image

emimemo 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment. If you are living in the safe town maybe you don't worry about it so much. But people live in the city where many people comes and goes, they have to watch out more carefully. Trust your son but do not trust strangers.

Kevin Peter profile image74

Kevin Peter says

• emimemo profile image

emimemo 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment. 10 years old sounds good, but not 8 years old. I am not worry about the trust or responsibilities. I am worry about the safety of the child. After 10, they might be big enough to protect themselves.

lindiesl profile image60

Lindie (lindiesl) says

• emimemo profile image

emimemo 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment. The location of the bus drop-off is busy with traffic and the street doesn't have sidewalks. It seems to be that the bus driver's convenience is more the focus than children's safety.