abbykorinnelee profile image 80

When is the average age teenager's are first sexually active?

What age on average do teens first have sex? Are the engaging in other sexual behaviors prior to the first time and if so what kind of behaviors? Has anything changed since parents of teens experienced this themselves? Explain if it is different for boys than girls, homosexual versus heterosexual, any trend in sexually transmitted diseases etc. I have a 13 year old son and we have excellent communication but I am a female...not sure how much he will share with me and I would like to be fully informed of what is out there today and what age I have to worry about it though I think thsts now.

BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83

Best Answer BLACKANDGOLDJACK says

• abbykorinnelee profile image

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) 4 years ago

I hear you on the consiquences, I was 19 myself and I hope by seeing me struggle as a single mother raising kids (one Autistic) and also finishing college, and financial struggle...all for a better life I could have done sooner that he thinks of that

Shanaya Sharma profile image59

Shanaya Sharma says

2 days ago
0

• abbykorinnelee profile image

When I was in school I was about 16 when I first did but it was in a relationship I was in on and off until I was 19. Someone I love. But realistically, though I tell him he should wait, I know it will probably happen sooner than later:)