JamiJay profile image 89

How did you survive the terrible twos?

My daughter is now two years old and she certainly does not like the word no and her temper tantrums are suddenly out of control; her screech is ear piercing and bone wattling, she yanks and pulls on me, and she pulls my pants down, and throws herself on the floor, kicking and screaming, and throwing a fit until she is about to throw up. Do you have any advice on how to keep your sanity through this stage of life? Do you have any advice on how to deal, discipline, and/or reverse this terrible behavior?

VirginiaLynne profile image92

Virginia Kearney (VirginiaLynne) says

• JamiJay profile image

Jami Johnson (JamiJay) 4 years ago

Great suggestions! thanks so much!

ravenlt04 profile image72

ravenlt04 says

• JamiJay profile image

Jami Johnson (JamiJay) 4 years ago

Wow awesome answer. Thank you for all your tips, advice, and ideas. I really appreciate it! It reassures me that I am doing all the right things, I just need to be patient for her to discover, learn and grow. Thank you so much for your sound advice!

xkamronx profile image59

xkamronx says

AustralianNappies profile image85

AustralianNappies says

• ravenlt04 profile image

ravenlt04 4 years ago

I used to hug her sometimes too until she was calm. These are all such great comments. Each one reminds me of other things I did. It certainly was a challenge and took a lot of ideas and approaches. She got popped sometimes too when overly disresp.

0

Vickiw says

• JamiJay profile image

Jami Johnson (JamiJay) 4 years ago

Awesome comment thank you so much. I do do the things you have suggested, but it is a very difficult time. She wants so badly to express herself and hasn't quite figured out how to yet, which makes for a terrible tantrum!