peeples profile image 88

Is it wrong to send a 9yr old with Aspergers away to a military type school?

My 9 yr old has Aspergers. We have tried what feels like everything yet he is still out of control at times. Last night I had to call an ambulance to my home for my 7 yr old who he beat to the point of severe swelling in his ribs (In a matter of 1 minute). All the therapy, structure, and love in the world does not seem to help but so much. I was the same way when I was his age and the only thing that ever helped was 2 years in jail when I was 16. I am debating on sending him to a military school. Do you think that would be a bad idea for a 9 year old with Aspergers?

MizBejabbers says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Actually we(his therapist and I) are starting to wonder if all my diagnosis were wrong and instead Aspergers which wasn't diagnosed back then. I've been in group homes and scared to death of that option, or any other option really. It's a bad spot.

windygreen profile image60

Valerie (windygreen) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

We really have tried everything you named. I understand most of it can not be helped but he uses it as an excuse telling me "oh well I can't help it" He is also too smart for his age and uses it to manipulate. I can't let him kill his brother.