peeples profile image 89

Do you think being a foster parent should be a good deed or a career?

Maybe I'm biased, but after a comment on one of my hubs I wanted to see what others thought. Do you think being a foster parent should be a career or a good deed?

• Jane Holmes 3 years ago

You are so right. Those who feel they can make money on the system soon realize that's not the case. There is stringent qualifications these days and a training course that one must complete. Unqualified people usually show during this process.

brownella profile image84

brownella says

• Jane Holmes 3 years ago

Hi brownella, You are so right. Foster Parenting can be very fulfilling. It can be both a career and a good dead, although I didn't think of it as a career. It was just doing my best to be a good Mom to each and every one.

windygreen profile image59

Valerie (windygreen) says

• Jane Holmes 3 years ago

Thank you windygreen. Dedication and love of children - giving them what they need - love and commitment - moral and emotional support - it all comes in there. Foster care is not about money - its above helping kids in need.

Frenchie Kisses profile image79

Frenchie Kisses says

0

• Jane Holmes 3 years ago

To be sure, there are people out there that look at it for the check that comes in. However, if you do anything, at all, for the children you sure don't make any money. It actually cost us money because we insisted on doing the same for these childr

0

Jane Holmes says

0

Mommy Maile says