chef-de-jour profile image 90

When you were a child, did you have a special fear of anything?

Many children have fears and phobias developing in the growing up years. Many are odd and without a known root cause. Many are logical - fear of spiders and dark corners etc etc. I had a fear of very old people! I think it came about through listening to too many tales and nursery rhymes!

JamiJay profile image90

Best Answer Jami Johnson (JamiJay) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) 3 years ago

Understandable that you fear bees, even if they're innocent wee chappies - those stings must have hurt! I know one or two people who fear birds especially when suddenly 'confronted ' by a flapping bird or one that flies too close. Thank u so much.

jlongrc profile image94

Jacob Long (jlongrc) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Yes - a very scary character. Powerful and menacing. I hope you're over your fear of this creepy clown. Thanks for the visit.

Savio Dawson profile image81

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Interesting - as children we are easily spooked by (malevolent) ghosts even without actually 'seeing' one. Did you? Only in the movies not in real life! Thanks for the visit......good horror watching......

EyesStraightAhead profile image88

Shell Vera (EyesStraightAhead) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

OK - yep, spiders have all those creepy attributes - hairy legs, sinister walk, 8 eyes?, poison and fangs!!! Thank u for the visit.

Darksage profile image82

Khen Ramos (Darksage) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Yes, how our minds alter in the dark - imagination runs wild - we don't know what's there - nothing to harm us but the mind stirs things up....Thank you for the comment.

Relationshipc profile image90

Kari (Relationshipc) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

I don't fear old people now!! How fascinating - to sense bombs from an overhead plane without prior (conscious) knowledge? How curious to experience that, - and a little disturbing I imagine. Do you see a plane and get the same?Thanks for the visit.

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Yes, a classic combination. I remember a phantom near to the old abbey where I lived - a Blue Lady was said to haunt the grounds looking for her lost son who died in the medieval Crusades! Thanks for the visit.

annart profile image86

Ann Carr (annart) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Thank you for this - a direct link between event and fear may be the most common cause - yet the fear is still embedded years later - fascinating. And that thing under the bed!!! Thank goodness your leg was never grabbed!!

TKirTigs profile image81

Taura Rutigliano (TKirTigs) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Have you see An American Werewolf in London? Old movie, cool story...oh no maybe you shouldn't, you never know what might happen! Thank you for the visit and comment, it was a howl.

• chef-de-jour profile image

Thanks for the comment - large dogs do have a strong presence - I wonder if real dogs still hold that energy for you - hopefully you've outgrown the fear. I wish you pleasant dreaming !!

Diana Lee profile image79

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

This is an unusual fear, I wonder - caused by an actual event when you were very young? A horse is a very powerful creature close up, gentle yet awesome to a child I imagine. Thanks for the comment.

KEPitz1005 profile image61

Kathleen E. Pitz (KEPitz1005) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Fire is without doubt a very powerful element - when out of control you can't understand its destructive force. So glad you grew out of this fear - your physical reaction shows how deeply you felt the flames!! Thanks for the visit.

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

OK, so is the lion head still boxed up, or in another attic, or waiting for release? Unusual fear - thank you for the visit.

anagham profile image60

Anagha V Mahishi (anagham) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

They go together nciely - the dark and horror! Why was the door locked? To keep the horror out? Thank you for visiting.

• chef-de-jour profile image

Fascinating. I know what you mean - for a few months as a kid I was convinced something was under my bed at night - I had to keep checking to make sure. Your fear of a peeper is interesting - so glad you overcame it. Thank you for the comment.

Aadom23 profile image60

Abena (Aadom23) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

How intriguing, that things should come to life when the sun disappeared. The dark seems to be the place in which fear lives life to the full!! Thanks for the visit....try to stay clear of rattus!