Jackie Lynnley profile image 76

Should home school parents prove their children are being educated in some out of home testing?

I have personally known of parent not teaching their children, letting them stay up all night, sleep all day and this just does not seem right. I don't like the government able to force you to send your kids to school because it sure isn't the best place to be at times and places but why are people allowed to let children grow up so uneducated? Surely there is something that could prevent this and not step on toes?

Seafarer Mama profile image88

Karen Szklany Gault (Seafarer Mama) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Certainly sounds good. I think home school is wonderful and did home school mine a couple of years because of the school they were in. I just think you cannot trust everyone to educate their kids, some just get them to 16 to quit.

lambservant profile image93

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Well of course I wouldn't say and it has been awhile but there were four and only one would be young enough to help now, just seems there should be something to protect the children, It is too late once they reach adulthood with no education or ambit

Alphadogg16 profile image87

Kevin W (Alphadogg16) says

tirelesstraveler profile image88

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

I'm not sure that is true everywhere. Unless it is something new.

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

That would be a sorry thing to see and I don't know about that but if these test are not controlled out of the home tests who can be certain the children took them? I hope that is the case.

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Thanks, MizBejabbers, that is some important information someone may can use and I am very glad you have such a wonderfully caring daughter-in-law!

Marie Flint profile image90

Marie Flint says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Thank you. I don't have much faith in social services, with all the children's lives they have cost with lack of concern I am sure teaching would be bottom of their list. Parents not at all concerned about their childrens future or ed need rules

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Thanks, no knowledge on that. Last I heard public schools received about $500 per student per school year so it would be nice for parent to receive that. That would allow for tutoring, school books and more. Hope you are right and parents use wisely.

kat_thurston profile image60

kat_thurston says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

I think that is great. I home schooled mine a few years but they went back as A students and always were but there was nothing making me teach them and that just does not seem right to the kids, they are not going to want to work or learn of course.

erinshelby profile image81

erinshelby says

daydreamer13 profile image59

daydreamer13 says

Angie Parker profile image61

Angie Parker says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Angie, thanks for that information and your ideas make much sense. There just has to be an easier answer to satisfy everyone but the lax parent and it needs to be something to keep them on their toes for the sake of their children they cheat; cruelly