jhamann profile image 88

The relationship between my daughter and son is good sometimes but usually "poke and whin." Help!

My son is 7 and my daughter is 3 and we have read "Siblings Without Rivalry" and put this into practice, but they still have slipt into the "poke and whin" behaviours every second of the day, (a few mintues of reprieve but not much) this is ruining my wifes mental status and our marriage, we need help?

• jhamann profile image

Jamie Lee Hamann (jhamann) 3 years ago

We have been pretty consistent and have been currently using the time out method for both children equally, no blame thrown either direction. Sometimes it feels futile, but I am started to think that things will work in the long run with patience.

moonfroth profile image82

Clark Cook (moonfroth) says

• jhamann profile image

Jamie Lee Hamann (jhamann) 3 years ago

Thank you moonfroth, I was not expecting this it is really appreciated, we will continue the time out method. I feel that it is simply a matter of parental patience at this point.

krillco profile image93

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

DDE profile image60

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• jhamann profile image

Jamie Lee Hamann (jhamann) 3 years ago

Thank you DDE! We are working on controlling the situation.

Solomon Spencer profile image61

Solomon (Solomon Spencer) says