cherylone profile image 88

How do you say good-bye to an animal that is part of your family?

When you have an animal that has been with you for many years, how do you then 'get rid of the animal' because you have to move and the landlord doesn't allow pets?

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• cherylone profile image

Cheryl Simonds (cherylone) 2 years ago

Thank you for all the ideas. The Connecticut Humane Society is too far away for us to travel; but we are still looking. Because the cats are older not many people want them. Contact me via my e-mail & put cats in the subject line. Thanks.

enjoy life profile image85

enjoy life says

• cherylone profile image

Cheryl Simonds (cherylone) 2 years ago

Sadly, we have tried every avenue to find acceptable alternatives, but nothing has come up. I truly wish landlords would take into consideration the fact that most renters treat their animals like their family and allow them for their tenets!

Jackie Lynnley profile image76

Jackie Lynnley says

• cherylone profile image

Cheryl Simonds (cherylone) 2 years ago

Have had to put down many, too. They call me the crazy cat lady. Sadly, my mother is dead and sister has 7 herself. No other family interested. Thanks for the idea though.

0

• cherylone profile image

Cheryl Simonds (cherylone) 2 years ago

Now that, believe it or not, never crossed my mind. Thank you for the idea, I will try that one as soon as I can.