daborn7 profile image 84

Is my sister's behavior simply sibling rivalry or something more?

My mother says that a little sibling rivalry is OK. She says that my sister chasing me as a kid down the hall to my room with a butcher knife is normal sibling stuff. Now that we are older and I have moved away, she can't even stand for my parents to visit me. After 5 years, my mother finally came to visit, and my sister text her several times with remarks about her being with her "Favorite daughter" now, that she had forgotten about her already, and she GUESSES she will share with me. It hurts me everyday. I am not sure how to respond to that behavior. Is this normal rivalry?

gmwilliams profile image85

Best Answer Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• daborn7 profile image

daborn7 2 years ago

Gmwilliams, this sounds like my children! My girls will pinch in a scuffle, but nothing real serious and they still look out for each other. I didn't get that from mine. It seemed she just has always hated me. Thanks for your great response!

innerspin profile image87

innerspin says

• daborn7 profile image

daborn7 2 years ago

Innerspin, she is my older sister too. I thought she would have outgrown it too, apparently she hasn't though :/ thanks for your input.

• daborn7 profile image

daborn7 2 years ago

I think my mother is simply trying to protect her daughter by saying its normal? I do say it non-chalantly because It was long ago, and I am over it mostly. I always kind of figured that siblings should not act like that. Thanks for your feedback.

0

• daborn7 profile image

daborn7 2 years ago

Sheila, I wanted to think that MAYBE, it was just a little over the top. She is also my fathers favorite, I guess it isn't enough for her. I just don't understand it though. Thanks for your comment.